Chapter 43

Me:

I've got something to tell you later.

Sent 1:46 PM

Lyonya^___^:

What's it about?

Received 1:46PM

Is it urgent?

Received 1:46PM

Me:

I'm meeting Juan.

Sent 1: 47PM

Lyonya^___^
... Incoming call ...

'Hana Yazumi, I swear – ' he grounded out.

'Oh, so when you're angry I'm Hana Yazumi?' she hissed into her phone with a hand cupped around her mouth, dismayed that Leon should have found the need to call her. This wasn't a good time to get the details out.

'Hana, darling, moya koroleva,' came his tone, tinged with annoyance that caused her to wince. 'You should have told me earlier!' He paused. There was a sigh. Then, 'I'll come over.'

'No, don't,' she continued hastily in the same whisper, glancing discreetly around her. The cafe was half-empty, thankfully, and they had chosen a corner to have their discussion. But the thought of Leon and Juan meeting in this quiet space for the first time in four years, in fact, did not seem like a good idea. Their attitudes to each other had never been calm.

'Where are you? Why do you sound like that?'

'I'm at a cafe, to talk to him.' Then she caught sight of the bathroom door opening. 'Can't talk now. He's coming.'

Hana ended the call with a satisfied huff. Leon had always warned her to inform him whenever she did things like that. Well, she had informed him and he didn't sound too angry. Or maybe she was just deceiving herself. She'd settle with him when she got home.

Lyonya^___^:

Only make promises to direct requests. Be careful.

Received 1:48PM

Me:

Love youuuu

Sent 1:48PM

Lyonya^___^:

Of course you do.

Received 1:48PM

Целую

Received 1:49PM

~

'This isn't a good time to shock Sabine,' Juan teased when he retook his seat.

Their drinks had arrived. Juan had ordered an ice americano, and the cubes clinked noisily in his cup as he stirred it. She couldn't remember if caffeine was something she could take – Leon would know better – so she had decided on a safe strawberry milkshake. They had relocated themselves to a coffee shop nearby. Sabine had thrown Juan such a glare that Hana felt it was better to talk to him somewhere else. In fact, her friend had even wanted to follow them, but Asier had jumped in just in time. Good old Asier, she thought. Sabine definitely would not need the shock from what they were about to discuss.