Chapter One

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎: 𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎

"ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʜᴜʀʀɪᴄᴀɴᴇ, ᴅʀᴏᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀs ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀᴍ."

Either my morning glass of vodka sent me slightly over the edge or I've gone completely insane. I'm not sure which of the two compelled me to drop everything in New York to help the infamous Rebekah Mikaelson but I did exactly that.

The last time I decided to do a Mikaelson a favour it resulted in me being completely stripped of my magic. Two years has passed since that incident but the memory still plagues my mind, the pain... the pain is all I remember.

"Ma'am?" The taxi driver cleared his throat snapping me from my subconscious thoughts.

Mumbling something inaudible, I hand the man some notes from my purse with a small smile. Standing on the side of the street, I look around taking in every minor detail, it was such a melancholy feeling being home in New Orleans again.

My smirk faded when small pot of dying orchids caught my attention outside Rousseau's bar, kneeling down on one knee I held the crumpling petals in the palm of my hand and place my other hand on top.

I look around cautiously before slowly chanting a simple spell, "belle la vie a cette fleur maintentant." I whisper opening my eyes to the now colourful orchids coming back to life.

A small smile tugged on my lips as I lowered my nose towards the orchids breathing in their sweet scent. Feeling a dark energy lurking I turn around slowly to face the figure.

"Makena George." A familiar voice chimed with a sense of relief, "I didn't think you would actually come back to help me in my time of crisis."

Low and behold, there she was. Rebekah Mikaelson.

I let out a small scoff as I picked myself up from the ground, "you mentioned a child Rebekah... you and I both know that's the only reason I'm here, I made that pretty clear on our phone call too." I remind her.

The blonde vampire followed swiftly behind me as I enter the bar, everything was exactly the same. Sitting on the stool at the bar, I cringe slightly while recoiling my arm from the sticky alcohol soaked surface of the bar.

"Two double shots of vodka and lemonade if you would please, Cami." Rebekah sent the bartender a sarcastic smile, turning to face me she runs her eyes over my body, "you've grown so much." She notes.

I couldn't bring myself to look at her, this woman single handily ruined my life. I thanked the blonde bartender for my drink and take a large gulp.

"I could say the same for you, time is definitely treating you well." I joke sarcastically.

Rebekah rhythmically tapped her painted nails on the wood for a moment conjuring up something to say.

"So why am I actually here Rebekah? Please make it worth my while this time." I question with clear irritation in my tone.

"You must learn to control that temper of yours, it's not pretty dear," Rebekah tries to add a little humour before continuing, "okay well before you with the important stuff, I have a proposition for you... the both of you actually." She declares gaining mine and Cami the bartenders attention.

"More favours?" I rose an eyebrow which earns a hard glare from Rebekah.

"Just one more actually, I'm supposed to be going to a posh charity thing thrown by this philanthropist tonight. He's a bit of a Gatsby, throws a mean party. Any interest from the pair of you?" She asks looking between the pair of us for an answer.

Cami gave a small shrug accompanied by a smile, "sure, that sounds great."

"Splendid, Camille this is Kenna and Makena this is Cami." Rebekah introduces us to each other, a customer begins calling Cami over relentlessly, she gave us an apologetic look before walking away leaving Rebekah and I alone.

"I need your help." She sheepishly blurted as soon as Cami was out of view.

"What are the odds?" I snigger.

"You know I wouldn't come to you unless it was serious... look it seems my brother Nik has knocked up some wolf girl and now the said wolf is linked to Sophie Devereaux who obviously doesn't work in either of our favours." Rebekah relays all the information, my blood boiling slightly at the mention of the New Orleans coven.

I'm not even remotely surprised the coven has now turned to unborn babies as a source of power, if they will sacrifice a sixteen year old or a defenceless eighteen year old siphon what would killing an unborn child matter to them?

"Sorry I'm not quite following, you mean to tell me that Klaus Mikaelson an original vampire has gotten a wolf pregnant." As soon as the words left my lips, my eyebrows un-furrow in realisation.

"I know it sounds utterly bizarre but Nik's a hybrid so his half werewolf which means-"

"It was natures loophole." I finish her sentence wide eyed.

"So can you help me?" Rebekah exhaled, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"Here? Are you crazy? I'll be killed." I snap whispering incase anyone around us heard the nature of the conversation.

"What do you mean not here?" Rebekah obliviously asks with irritation clear in her voice.

Letting out a groan I place my hand on my forehead before taking it away to speak, "magic is banned here in New Orleans, it's punishable by death." I elaborate for her.

"Very well, I shall speak to Marcel myself and once the coast is clear, will you help me?" She asks with a sudden burst of confidence.

"I think it would be ideal for me to meet this girl first, I'm not as strong as I once was as I'm sure you can understand." I jab knowing it will spike a reaction and sure enough I watch as Rebekah's face displays guilt and I enjoy every second of it.

"Well... it's almost time for the gala, I'm sure she's busy but I'll arrange for you to meet her tomorrow" Rebekah says softly, "will you be attending this evening?"

I contemplated the invitation for a moment as I'm not a complete fool, I'm aware tonight will be riddled with vampires, however, it would be nice to see some familiar faces.

"Yeah... maybe I will." I respond not bothering to look back as I leave the bar.