Chapter Five

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚢𝚘𝚛𝚔

"ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

"ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡs ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ."

"So, are you gonna tell me about it?" Marcel called softly from the couch in my small apartment.

Clenching the cup of tea in my hand tightly, I unintentionally slam the tea spoon down on the counter. I clear my throat and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear before carrying the tea to the couch.

I sat beside Marcel, taking a sip of the hot liquid, it burned the whole way down my throat but I wasn't bothered by the pain in the slightest.

"What I did that night... It was past self defence, I might've even enjoyed it." I whisper barely audibly.

I can't bring myself to accept my actions, some might say it's normal to wonder would it would be like to have someone's life in their own hands, the power that would bring. A therapist would most likely brush it off and give me some psychological bullshit about how everyone has those dark thoughts and that it's fine as long as you don't actually carry out the thoughts- because I wouldn't do that, right?

A week ago in New York.
(Trigger warning: sexual harassment)

I groan loudly holding my head in pain, fucking migraines- better known as a royal pain in my ass. Pain killers, I need pain killers.

Grabbing the car keys from the counter I clamber into the brand new Range Rover that Marcel bought me. He still frequently sends me money, a large sum once a month. Adjusting the rear view mirror I pull off the drive heading down the street towards the local supermarket.

It had just gone eleven in the evening when I pulled into the empty car park. Holding my purse tightly to my chest I walked swiftly towards the store, as the bright lights engulfed me I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding. I scanned the medicine isle looking for whatever's strongest, finding what I was looking for I picked them up and handed them to the cashier.

"Rough night?" The older cashier asked with concern as I soothed my throbbing forehead.

"Just migraines, I don't know what's up with me." I confide in the man and he hummed.

"Get that checked out, better to be safe than sorry." He smiled handing me the pills in a thin plastic bag.

I gave him the money necessary and thanked him before getting the hell out of there, the ringing of the bells rang straight through my skull. Feeling a pair of eyes on me, I look around the empty parking lot slowly before quickening my pace towards the car.

I fumble in my handbag trying to find my keys to unlock the car, the feeling of someone else presence was strong and I felt at unease. Finally finding the key I snatch it from the bag.

"Hey pretty girl." A low rasp called out to me as a tall man emerged from round the back of my car leaning against the door.

Much like a movie, he scared the shit out of me causing me to drop the key, "hey man, I don't want any trouble I'm just having a bad night, my head kills and I just want to go home." I honestly spoke with the man.

He let out a small grumble which I think was an attempt of a sadistic laugh, his eyes were dark and he had longish curly hair as well as a scruffy stubble. "Don't you wanna hang out for a little while, I mean...you're so pretty." He slurred, as I took a step back he grabbed my arm.

"Get the fuck off me!" I scream trying to pull away, he only laughs as we fell to the ground. His entire weight was on top of my body and the strong scent of alcohol was apparent now as his hand roughly fumbled with the zipper of my jeans.

My breathing became heavier and tears began to roll down my cheeks, rage began to build inside of me, it boiled and boiled until I snapped.

In a blink the stranger was on the floor and I stood over him in a threatening manner, my fists were clenched and I notice the dark red substance dripping from them.

"Oh god..." I stammer, wiping my hands on my shirt, "shit shit shit." I panic realising I had blacked out.

I knew what would happen if he was dead, he couldn't be dead. Dropping to my knees my hands trembled uncontrollably as I inch my hand towards his neck to feel for a pulse. Nothing.

"No... no!" I scream a throaty scream slamming his body back against the car.

I mentally curse as the store owner came running to my aid, I stand up slowly as he cursed in a foreign language.

"I-I can explain!" I plead with the man as he looks between me and the dead body.

"I'm sorry... I have to call this in." He shakes his hand at me, fumbling for his phone.

"Please! You don't understand!" I growl, I clutch my head in pain for a moment.

"Hello? 911?" The man spoke through an shaky voice.

"I said stop!" I scream and in my panic I launched myself towards the store owner, grabbing the phone from his hand I toss it to the ground and stamp on it.

"You're crazy!" He shouted at me and tries to defend himself against me to which I push him sending him flying back, "what the... what was that? Your... your eyes!"

I look down at my hands in disbelief, I was abnormally strong, inhumanly strong.

"I'm sorry..." I sob walking towards him, he shuffles back on the ground trying to escape but I fall onto of him and secure my hands around his throat. I can't have any witnesses, nobody can know.

I screw my eyes shut as I tighten my hands around the mans throat, he struggles as I feel the life leave his body. I cry out as he fell limp, my chin quivers as I find the energy necessary to pull myself up from the ground glancing between the two bodies, what the hell have I done?

The sound of a phone vibrating made me gasp loudly.

Pulling it from my bag, I see it's a no caller ID, I don't know what compelled me to answer it but I did.

"H-Hello?" I sniff, grossly wiping my nose in order to compose myself and sound as normal as possible.

"Makena, is that you?" The familiar British voice rang through my ears.

"Rebekah..." I whisper holding the phone tightly to my ear.

"I need you to come home. I- well I need your help to be truthful with you, it's important. I promise I will ring and explain properly tomorrow just... please say yes." Rebekah pleaded desperately on the phone, I admit it felt good to hear her beg for my help.

Glancing down at the macabre scene below my feet once more, I clear my throat before bringing the phone to my ear, "yes, I just need to... I need to take care of some things first." I mumbled down the phone before tossing it to the floor.

Now, how do I dispose of two bodies?