Chapter Eight

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ᴜɴᴘᴜɴɪsʜᴇᴅ"

"Makena." Klaus answered the door with surprise lingering in his tone, "We must stop meeting like this." He whispered leaning towards my ear sending a shiver down my spine.

He knew he had an affect on me, it was clear in the mischievous grin plastered across his face. He took a step to one side, gesturing for me to enter his home.

"It's good to see you too, Klaus." I responded with a subtle smile lingering on my lips.

I hesitantly stepped into the large mansion, my shoulder brushing past his chest as I walked through and into the house. The slightest of connection causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

He grabbed my hand, turning me to face him, "I'd like to show you around the city sometime." Klaus proposed.

I scan his face and see only truth. My heart raced a thousand beats bet second unsure on what to say. They say you shouldn't dance with the devil but I find myself becoming more and more engrossed with each small conversation we share.

"Are you forgetting I grew up in this city? I've seen everything." I rose an eyebrow letting out a chuckle.

Klaus hummed in amusement, "Not quit everything." He assured leaving me speechless.

"Okay then Mikaelson, I want to be impressed." I nod with a smile, turning my back towards him.

Slowly and then all at once I felt the foreign warmth of a on the small of my back- Klaus' hand. As he ushered me into the home, I was forced to bite my lip in an attempt to keep my cool.

I glanced up at the ceiling as I walked through the halls, the walls were unusually tall. They towered over me and I felt engulfed by the countless paintings covering them.

"You must be Makena." A young brunette girl spoke softly holding a hand towards me, I was taken aback by her for a moment- she was stunning.

"Yes!" I chirp taking her hand in my own to greet her, "And you must be the infamous Hayley I've heard so much about." I sigh with a small smile knowing she must be sick of people saying that.

I look back to see that Klaus had already disappeared into the house and I felt slightly disappointed by his absence.

"Apparently so." Hayley forced a smile in return.