Chapter Seven

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗: 𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ"

"ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴍɪɴᴅ ᴡɪsʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴇʟs"

I scratch my scalp with little effort as I flick through the pages of the story I was reading. Startled, I jump at the sound of someone pounding at my front door. My brows furrow in annoyance as I drag my feet towards the door, I put the latch on just to be safe and open the door ajar. I was surprised to be met with the furious features of none other than Rebekah Mikaelson.

Closing the door in her face I take the latch off before opening it again, "Invite me in right this instance so I can tell you how angry I am with you right now!" She narrowed her eyes holding her hand up against the invisible barrier separating us.

"With me?"

"Yes you! Now let me in." Rebekah spat, folding her arms.

I didn't mean to let out a chuckle but this whole situation was slightly comical, "you're not really selling me on letting you in..." I joke sarcastically, pouting my lips at the girl.

Noticing her unimpressed expression I roll my eyes and open the door further, "Come in." I sigh.

Rebekah wasted no time as she strut her way into my apartment, I sit back down in my previous position at the small dining table with a sigh feeling her presence loom over me.

"You still read those dreadful Shakespeare books?" Rebekah taunts with a scoff, pulling a face at the book on the table, "what's so great about Romeo and Juliet, the ending is pathetic." She scoffs.

"I think it's quite tragically romantic, I'm sure you've had your fair share of tragic romances." I shrug my shoulders, "well go on, what have I done? I'm waiting to go back to my dreadful Shakespeare books." I look up to the blonde waiting patiently for a response.

Her eyes snapped down to meet mine, "You killed that witch! And to make matters worse I can't believe Klaus stood by idly and let you kill her!" She groaned in frustration before pacing up and down beside the table.

"It was.... an accident... it really wasn't that big of a deal." I shrug trying to play it off.

I hadn't really thought too much about the consequences that would come from me killing that girl, I knew Marcel would protect me regardless but one thing that's for certain is my father now knows I'm home.

"Not only are you now in danger, that was our only shot at finding Davina Claire especially now that Sophie won't trust us." Rebekah vents sitting in front of me at the table.

"Davina?" I ponder tilting my head slightly.

"Marcels little witch he has hidden away somewhere, Klaus wants her." She explained without revealing too much of her families devilish plans.

I can't help but turn away whilst biting my lip at the newfound information regarding their little plan against Marcel.

"Perhaps... you can help persuade Marcel into telling you where the witch is being hidden?" Rebekah pondered, standing up slowly and making her way towards me.

Standing up from my chair I was now only inches away from the original, "No." I shut down her request through gritted teeth, "Don't mistake my kindness for naivety Rebekah, I'm here to help the pregnant wolf not to be a Mikaelson spy." I shake my head pushing past her.

"Don't forget what I can do Kenna..." She hisses flashing me a glimpse of her fangs in an attempt to threaten me.

I let out a low laugh, "Are you seriously pulling that card right now? Don't forget what I can do too Rebekah." I attempt to mask my anger but fail miserably.

Holding up my hand, Rebekah instantly fell to her knees while holding her head in pain. I stop after a couple of seconds knowing I got my point across, letting her shakily stand up.

"News flash: you don't scare me. You needed my help, don't get it twisted." I clench my jaw stepping dangerously close to the original, "Now, don't blackmail me ever again, understood?" I establish.

Both of our faces were evidently fuelled with anger as we stared intensely at each other waiting for someone to do something. Without breaking eye contact I held my hand towards the door using my powers allowing it to swing open.

"Get out."

"Kenna, I-"

"You've overstayed your welcome, now leave." I cut her off, "how stupid of me to think you might've actually changed, your still the same selfish girl you was two years ago... I'll see you tomorrow Rebekah, for the girl and the girl only." I sigh not bothering to look at the original.

Feeling the silence fall upon the air I knew she was gone. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and gasp, I was met with my own yellow glowing eyes. Panic set in as I realise, this secret was going to be harder to hide than I had originally thought.

Klaus wasn't the only person I should fear right now, my father knows I'm home and I'm almost certain he has his little minions working on a locator spell looking for my whereabouts, I can feel it. I can feel the magic running through this whole city beneath my feet- It was one huge powerhouse.

A cold chill ran through my body, penetrating my skeleton, my brows furrow at the feeling of being watched. Averting my gaze towards the window I noticed it was now open, the soft silk curtains swaying with the wind. I could've sworn I had shut it. Walking over to it, I leaned on the ledge cautiously, scanning over the busy French Quarter and the civilians inhabiting it until my eyes land on a familiar face- Klaus Mikaelson. Feeling the bile rise in my throat, I break eye contact and slam the window shut.

The sinister smirk that stretched across his face was now branded in my brain, feeling slightly on edge I shake off the uncomfortable feeling and drag myself to bed. Too much has happened in the last twenty-four hours and I don't think I can physically handle it.