Chapter Two

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘: 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝

"ɪᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ sᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀɪʟ ᴛᴏ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ."

Feeling the vibration of my phone, I pulled it from the pocket of my leather jacket. Opening the message from an unknown number I shake my head with as smile as I began reading it.

'I know we left things on a horrid note but maybe this will compensate? I miss our friendship an awful lot. -Rebekah.'

The initial message was accompanied by an address located just by the bar. The apartment that she most likely compelled someone for can't compensate what she did but it's a good start, at least she's trying.

I struggle with getting the door open, jiggling the key around I pull the handle down but it wouldn't budge, "it's... stuck." I struggle before sighing and taking a step back.

Holding my hand towards the door I used my magic which made the door swing open. Stepping inside I look around the small apartment it had a warm homely feeling to it.

A small box was set upon the breakfast bar, I hesitantly step towards it and lift the lid, a small gasp escaped my mouth as I peer in. In front of me was the most beautiful beige dress with glass stones covering almost the entirety of the top half. Lifting it out it of the box I admire it's long flowing bottom that seemed as though it would hug your curves perfectly.

The dress was accompanied by a masquerade mask, I assume all of this is for the gala tonight and I applaud Rebekah and her fashion sense. The dress was rather simple but it was eye catching and elegant making it perfect for tonight.

Putting on the dress carefully I looked at myself in the mirror, for the first time in a while I felt beautiful. Hearing a knock at the door, my eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, I look through the peep hole to see Cami the bartender from earlier.

Opening the door I can't help but smile, "you look amazing." I gush opening the door for her to come in, she wore a white gown covered in crystals with a pair of angel wings to top it all off.

"Thank you! And I hope I'm not intruding, Rebekah sent me your address, I was so nervous about tonight." She awkwardly laughs.

"Don't be sorry, pre drink?" I offer to which she accepts.

Cami began explaining how she was studying psychology and moved here in an attempt to find out what really happened to her psychopath brother who committed suicide after committing a triple homicide, "I just refuse to believe that he would be capable of something like that." She shook her head as I passed her a drink.

"That's awful, I'm so sorry." I apologise.

"So what brings you to New Orleans?" Cami asked curiously.

Playing with a bit of my hair I try to find a nice way to tell a human my story, "I actually grew up here, my mom died when I was an infant and my dad's a huge asshole... he was quite a abusive and when I turned eighteen I found the courage to run away I never thought I'd be back here." I say truthfully, "I only came because because Rebekah wanted my help."

Cami listened with wide eyes, "wow... that's some tough shit...god I'm sorry, this tequila must've really gotten to me." She laughed.

"I can whole heartily say me too, maybe we should leave before we're completely off the rails." I suggest laughing along with her.

I was already starting to love Cami, you could tell she was a genuine person and cared about everyone she came across. Arm in arm, we walk along the cold streets, it was freezing outside but with the alcohol in my system I could barely feel a thing.

The pungent smell of blood hit my nostrils as we walked into the gala, I've always had a strong sense of smell I just hope Cami couldn't smell it too. Turning my head slightly I notice the discomfort on her face, "are you okay?" I frown.

"Yeah this is just a really 'woah' party." She exhales loudly.

Rebekah spots us in the crowd and quickly makes her way over to us, "hello darlings you both look absolutely precious." She smiles placing a kiss on each of our cheeks.

"This party is ridiculous, but I think I went a bit splashy on this dress." Cami awkwardly looks down at her clothes.

A tall blonde man behind Rebekah caught my gaze, "is he the famous on-again off-again?" I ask raising an eyebrow at the handsome man.

He took a step forward with a smirk of his own, "he's the brother actually and my sister is certainly right, you do look ravishing." He gently took my hand placing a delicate kiss on my knuckles making my heart race.

"You clean up pretty well yourself." I breathlessly compliment admiring his pale blue eyes.

"Well don't be fooled love, I'm the devil in disguise." He responded smugly.

Rebekah scoffed interrupting the conversation, "she's an old friend of mine, don't get any ideas brother. Past her beauty she is admirably powerful... although I suppose that would be your type." She sniggers patting him on the shoulder, "well while you two chit-chat, Cami and I shall indulge ourselves in free booze." Rebekah comments before dragging the other blonde towards the bar.

After watching the pair walk away I turn back towards the man almost eagerly, "so which brother are you? I know of your family through Rebekah but never quite had the pleasure to meet you all." I tilt my head.

A grin spread across his face, "Klaus Mikaelson... I don't think I caught your name." He says scanning over me.

"Makena George but everyone calls me Kenna." I explain with a smile.

"Makena is such a beautiful name, why put it to waste?" He notes making me blush inevitably, "shall we?" He rose an eyebrow holding out his arm.

Giving a small nod I link my arm with his and walk onto the dance floor, he pulls me closer towards him and snakes his hand round onto my back. Tracing his hand down my arm he held my hand bringing it up, the simplicity of the touch sent shivers down my spine and I'm pretty sure he noticed too.

"So what brings you to New Orleans, Makena?" He made conversation as we danced.

"Unfinished business." I respond looking deeply into his eyes. He seemed suspicious about me as well as nervous, something which was a rare occurrence for the big and mighty hybrid.

"What are you?" He whispers trying to compel me.

"I'm more powerful than you might think, you can't compel me Klaus." I smile removing his hand from my wrist and walking away into the crowd while he remained perplexed and baffled.