Chapter Three

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎: 𝚋𝚊𝚍 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"ᴊᴜs ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sᴛᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ʙᴜʀɴ."

Although I desperately tried to listen to Cami as she spoke about Marcel, I couldn't help but feel distracted by Klaus' presence watching me from across the room.

"The guy of hers Rebekah was talking about, I'm sensing that would be Marcel." She spoke, jealously dripping from her tongue.

Tearing my gaze from Klaus I glance over to the bar where Rebekah and Marcel were conversing, "I wouldn't worry about her and Marcel, it's ancient history." I assured her, trying to distract myself.

At some point I really do want to say something to Marcel, it's been so long since we've seen and spoken to each other. He must've made a couple hundred more recruits because now looking around I realise - I don't recognise anybody.

"No offence, I know she's your friend but I'm beginning to think Rebekah is just a bit of a bitch." Cami confesses, folding her arms.

"I wouldn't say friends is the correct ter-"

"None taken love, it's as though she invented the term." Klaus' voice chimed, Cami's eyes widen in embarrassment and I swallow the lump in my throat, "Pardon me ladies, I don't mean to interrupt, but I don't suppose I can borrow the lovely Makena for a moment?" He asked, looking towards me.

"Go ahead, I'll stay here and dwell on my misfortune." Cami stated, holding up her glass.

Giving Cami an apologetic look, I sigh before following the cunning hybrid down a long hallway and into a quiet room. Klaus paces up and down the room slowly for a moment before finally speaking.

"I grow continually curious as to what is is you are Makena." He says in agitation.

I hum quietly for a moment deciding whether or not I can trust him, "I'm a witch, if you must know." I shrug.

"You're also a liar, if you were a witch I would be able to compel you." He immediately snaps.

A liar? This man has some nerve. I ignore him for a moment, walking towards the desk, "It's kinda dark in here, huh?" I say with my back towards him. Feeling his harsh glare glued on me, I hover my hand over the candles; warm flames instantly ignited as my hand moved, "Hmm, that's better." I dust my hands together.

"You're just a witch... an ordinary witch." He says with disappointment written across his face, "What business does my sister have with you...even better, why would she call you to protect my unborn child." Klaus laughed in an attempt to make me feel inferior: it worked.

Narrowing my eyes on the hybrid I march towards him, I attempt to place my hands on his shoulders but am instantly met with his harsh grip on my wrists. A grin was plastered across Klaus' face only fuelling my annoyance more, tilting my head to the side I watch as his ridiculous grin slowly fell from his face eyes trailing down to his hands which were glowing a bright amber. The hybrid hissed in pain and instantly let go of me.

"What did you do to me?" He growled, clutching his arm.

"You're very powerful Klaus, it's kinda hot." I tease, "You're a supernatural being, magic runs through your veins... magic which I can draw from your body whenever I wish." I revealed.

"You're a siphon." Klaus clarified. He nodded his head with an impressed look on his face, "I heard the New Orleans witches talk about you and you most certainly don't live up to your reputation, I was expecting something a lot worse... scary even." He jokes.

I had heard the stories my coven have told about me; I'm the abomination of the New Orleans coven. The girl who has the sacred blood of a siphon which could allow the whole coven to have my abilities and power if sacrificed. Of course it was simply a web of lies my father had spun in order to get me back in his grasp. It resulted in every New Orleans witch on the hunt for me at all times.

I let out a small laugh, "You don't exactly seem like the monster my ancestors told me stories about either, the big bad Niklaus Mikaelson. You were the one children feared and parents used as a threat." 

"You barely know me sweetheart, I could be your worst nightmare, how is it that you know my sister?" He pondered slumping into a small leather chair.

"Rebekah found me here in New Orleans a couple of years ago, she told me she knew my mother which is how I came to learn she was a Mikaelson." I tell him, my voice broke when mentioning my mother, "I wanted to learn more about my mom and Rebekah needed a witch, we became best friends...for a while."

Klaus listened intently, he held his head up on his fist and nodded for me to continue, "I suppose this is the part where she betrayed you." He guessed.

"Actually, yes it is. She knew my father wanted me dead and after two years of being on the run she handed me over to him like our friendship was absolutely meaningless for her own selfish needs, she didn't like that I was just as powerful and that I...well it doesn't matter now." I stop myself from saying something I'd regret.

Klaus stood up from the chair taking a step towards me, "I think we should get back to the party." he mutters.

I don't know what I was expecting him to say in response but a part of me felt a little disappointed. His face bore no pity or sympathy towards me which is understandable considering I was talking about his sisters treachery. But his whole demeanour shifted, it was strange.

My strong and confident facade was broken down by this man, the way he manages to make you feel so inferior... I'm completely and utterly vulnerable in his presence.