Chapter Six

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡: 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚜

"ɪ ᴊᴜs ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ɪᴛ, ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀᴍᴇʟᴏɴ sᴜɢᴀʀ ʜɪɢʜ."

Marcel held me close to his chest as tears flow effortlessly down my face, I'm not one to cry but the realisation of the situation I'm in was finally starting to hit me.

I rambled for hours, filling him in on every single detail. In all truthfulness I'm terrified of what's to come, he and I both knew that.

"Ken, listen to me." Marcel spoke softly lifting up my chin, "My people will do everything they can to help you and keep you safe, that's a promise." His voice was firm and final.

My chest rose and fell in a messy disoriented pattern as I attempted to steady my breathing, "why are you so good to me?" I sigh wiping my damp cheeks.

He furrowed his brows and let out a small laugh as to say my question was completely and utterly ridiculous. He simply held up a pinky towards me. It was something that we had made up when I was a child. Each time my dad did something cruel or kicked me out I would come running to the compound and confide in Marcel.

Granted- I was the perfect little witch messenger of course but his company was very much needed in that period of my life, each time I'd force him pinky swear not to tell anybody. That felt like a life time ago now but I'm still so grateful for everything Marcel had done for me. No words were exchanged as we connected pinkies, he was my best friend and I knew we would always look out for eachother.

"You know that means you can't tell a soul now." I mutter, locking eyes with the old vampire.

"Now why would I do that? You know me K, I'm not one to spread gossip." He winked before pulling me up from the ground.

"I know you wouldn't, but if Klaus found out what I was... am... I'd be dead." I elaborate and he nods knowingly.

"And that is exactly why Klaus Mikaelson will never know, just stay away from him K, he's bad news." Marcel warned, his demeanour becoming stern once more.

I've been told stories of the young Marcellus, saved by the almighty Klaus Mikaelson from the plantation in which he was once a slave. I know they were close but I wouldn't dare question him about it. What I know is enough to keep me away from the original, Marcel was right, his bad news and I know my place.

I pulled him into one last hug, I held the vampire tightly as I let out a small sigh, "I'm scared Marcel." I whisper.

"I know you are." Marcel concluded, he knew that nothing he could say would help. I had to do this alone.

"Thank you for everything, for well you know... being you." I chuckle pulling away from the hug, he doesn't respond only wiping the tears from my cheeks before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I get up slowly and inspect my appearance in the mirror, once I was satisfied that the tears were gone I cleared my throat seeing Marcel out. I can't show weakness, not now.

The Cemetery

"I told you no good would come from this unholy alliance of yours." Agnus raised her eyebrows at Sophie, she trod dangerously close to the girl in an attempt to assert her dominance.

"At least I'm doing something, what about you?" Sophie replied with a frustrated sigh before pushing past the witch.

"We have bigger problems!" Angus called in annoyance but Sophie paid no attention.

"Sabine, tell them what you saw." Angus commanded turning towards the witch.

Sabine looked around nervously before giving a quick nod.

"It's the girl, the wolf.... and Makena George, she's back and she's angry." Sabine whispers in fear.

"Makena?" Sophie spun around to face the other witches, "impossible... Richie said she was never coming back." The girl spoke in disbelief.

"Well Richie is wrong."-

The looming presence of their leader stopped the girls in their tracks, their breathing hitching as he stormed into the cemetery.

"When did you plan on telling me?" Richie spoke angrily, his voice booming through the tiny room.

"Rich, we didn't know." Agnus spoke up, protecting the younger witches, "your daughter is back and she's stronger this time, we can all feel it." She sighed.

The warlock yelled loudly throwing everything off the table and slamming his fists down. The younger witches jump at his sudden outburst however, Agnus doesn't seem phased suggesting to the other this was a common occurrence which only frightened them more.

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?" Richie's voice bellowed, "hybrid blood runs through that girls veins and if we don't put an end to it now we may as well sign our death certificates right here." He spat.

"S-so what's the plan?" Sophie interjected.

"We must kill her before the next full moon." He glares at the witches.

"That's only a couple of weeks away." The witches panic.

"Then you better hurry, bring her to me and I will end this once and for all." Richie ordered.

They all nodded in agreement as he stormed out the room, each and every one of them releasing a breath they had no idea they were holding.