Two: want to play this game in our advantage?

Isabella's POV

I followed Mia up the stairs trying to avoid stepping on the red cups scattered all over the place. Gosh, where does this girl get all that energy? She's flying upstairs like there's a fire and goes way too fast for me to keep up. So, I lost sight of her. Halfway up the stairs I try to avoid bumping into a tall figure going down but as always, I fail. Why am I always such a loser... The lean figure catches me by my arm before I plummet down the stairs and make a fool of myself, not that I need to fall from the stairs to do that... just breathing air is enough.

"Easy there, you should watch where you're going." The tall guy said while steadying me on my feet. I look up and see his defined face and notice his arm holding my wrist, which has a tattoo on it. It's a thick inked line draped around his forearm, and there's only one guy on campus with such a tattoo and that particular defined facial structure, Drew Foster. I met him during my first shift at the diner. He sat down at the bar and I kept pouring him coffee as he worked on a paper for his history class, yes Drew is a history major. He gave me a big tip and I asked his name so I could thank him properly. That's as far as our conversation went but I had the idea that wasn't the last I was going to see of him. Little did I know he was going to save me from breaking my neck at a stupid frat party.

"I'm sorry Drew." I said shyly, looking down at his hand around my wrist.

"Do I know you?" He asked lifting up his brow. I could see him thinking, trying to fit the pieces together. "You're the girl from the diner, aren't you?" He said smiling, relaxing his fingers against the skin on my wrist.

"Isabella at your service." I reminded him.

"I didn't recognize you without the waitress uniform on. You look so different." The work uniform I had to wear to the diner was indeed different from my regular attire. It was a wide short blush pink skirt with a white shirt deliberately missing the upper buttons. The outfit was too sexy for my liking and oh did I mention I was waiting tables on roller-skates? So it was not a surprise I looked dull, to use the word Lukas called me earlier, in my everyday outfit.

"I know, I lo-" I wanted to say bad but he cut me off.

"You look gorgeous Bella." He smiled and I'm pretty sure it made my cheeks flaming red. Red, the color of my cheeks when I have to confess to my darkest secrets during a game of truth or dare. I reminded myself of the whole reason I was even walking upstairs.

"Drew, would you like to go play a game upstairs? I promised my friend but it's with a group of people I don't know and since I kind of know you I would-" I rattled looking at him with puppy eyes.

"You would feel more comfortable?" Drew finished my sentence.

"Kinda." I pouted.

"Say no more, let's go." He took my hand and guided me upstairs. There was an extra living room which was less crowded than the one downstairs. In the middle of it Mia and her friends were sitting on the carpet with a bunch of drinks. I yanked at Drew's hand to point out the circle but something seemed to have caught his eye.

"We are playing with Davis?" He frowned.

"Yeah Mia is my friend, do you know her." I asked him, still holding his hand.

"Not Mia, her asshole brother Lukas." He hissed and his mood was turning darker by the minute, I could only wonder why.

"Do you know him?" I asked while he pulled me towards a fridge in the corner of the room.

"What do you want to drink?"

"Soda is fine." I said looking back at the circle where Lukas was sitting with Olivia on his lap. "You know what, give me something strong." Mother Theresa my ass.

"How about you start with some beer. Something tells me you're not used to drinking alcohol." He said while handing me a bottle of Corona.

"Why do you think that is?" I asked curiously taking the bottle from his hands and opening it with an opener hanging next to the fridge.

"Nobody drinks soda at parties like these, unless you don't drink." If only he knew the reason I don't like to drink. After years of abuse by my drunk alcohol addicted parents I swore not to give in to my heritage, but I guess I didn't think college life was going to get the better of me.

"What happened between you and Lukas?" I tried to change the subject from my prudish behavior to his hatred for Mia's older brother and it kind of worked.

"Long story short. Last year we fought over a girl who ended up picking me. The day after he slept with my little sister just to get back at me and dumped her the day after. She gave her virginity to him you know. He's a tool for hurting my baby sister." While he spoke I could hear there still was some unfinished business between them, so I was second guessing my decision to drag Drew into this game with me.

"Are you still sure you want to play truth or dare with me?"

"As long as I can keep my eyes on you the entire time, I'm sure I can manage." He said while he tapped our bottles together before taking a sip of beer. Drew is handsome, he sure is. He's tall and fit with strong arms. I felt that when he saved my ass on the stairs minutes ago. His tanned skin and brown eyes with thick black eyelashes made him mysterious and dark. Drew is the perfect definition of tall, dark and handsome. Something I can see myself swooning for.

"Can I do the same? I just met him and I already hate his guts." I hissed.

"What did the asshat do?"

"He insulted and judged me without even knowing me. He practically told me I'm boring, dull and totally not his type. He doesn't even know me... He called me Mother Theresa."

"Want to take revenge?" He whispered in my ear after leaning in really close. I could feel my heart skip a beat and blood rushing to my cheeks as his breath grazed my skin. I looked back at the circle and now Olivia and Lukas were eating each other's face. Oh I do want revenge.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" I ask smiling at him.

"Lukas hates me for one sole reason. A girl choose me over him. All you need to do is pretend to like me and rub it in his face. Lukas is the kind of guy who wants what he can't have. Plus, you can show him you're not what he thinks you are. So what do you think? Want to play this game in our advantage?"

"I don't even need to pretend. So, count me in." I admitted and I could see Drew's face light up. He took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. His warm fingers felt comforting against my skin. Holding hands, we walked towards the dreadful circle.

"Can we play?" I asked Mia. As soon as Lukas heard my voice he turned around and his eyes met mine along with Drew holding my hand. The look on his face? Priceless!