Eighty-Seven: as gone as they come

Lukas's POV

"Hi." Bells sweetly smiled at Zach when he came by our table, her eyes wandering all over the place like she didn't know how to act all of a sudden.

"Hi, Isabella." He said, his eyes scanning her while the corners of his mouth tugged up. What is he smiling at? I felt my happy and relaxed face unwillingly turn into a frown. He's just being nice but still, I'm not in the mood to burst our bubble. "Uuhm, Lukas told me you were looking for a job?" He asked her and right about now I was starting to regret asking him if there was an opening here at the café.

"Lukas." She looked at me her face not telling much apart from surprise and maybe annoyance.

"I'm just trying to help." I shrugged my shoulders before defensively crossing my arms in front of my chest. She was having problems managing her budget just because nothing was coming in. I promised her I was going to help her find a new job so that's exactly what I did, and besides she loves this place and it's also ten times better than that diner. She wasn't taking any other help so I did the only thing I could, open my big mouth and ask Zach.

"I know, but you could have asked me first?" She half rolled her eyes at me.

"Uuhm guys, I suggest you work it out between the two of you, I kind of have to get back to work." He interrupted our conversation for which I was grateful, this argument wasn't something a bystander needed to hear.

"No, she'll listen to your offer." I insisted as I squeezed my eyes at her, Zach's gaze never leaving Bella while I spoke.

Bells scoffed loudly, her lack of sleep coming to the surface now as she gave me a truly annoyed expression. Hell, I'm only trying to help. She never asks anyone for help in the fear of feeling like a burden to someone, but she never could be anything but a blessing, if only she could see that.

Zach's gaze switched between me and her, the tension around this table more electrified than the thunderclouds on the other side of the window. "I just wanted to say that if you're interested you could always come and try, see if you like it and then make your decision." He finally decided to speak.

I was done saying anything to encourage her, now it was up to her. I only cocked my head at her, my eyes wide, urging her to speak up. She rolled her eyes at my, of course, taunting me to get into an unnecessary argument. Come on baby don't be so difficult. "Uuhm, yeah why not." She turned to him and smiled face wide. Oh, so he gets her sweet smile and I get a nasty eyeroll, well that's...nice. I internally wanted to roll my eyes to the moon.

Zach didn't seem to expect the answer she gave him as his face lit up for a brief moment, putting his lips in a straight line after to hide his excitement. "Oh, okay. Are you free at four? Then you can tag along during the last hour of my shift and we can discuss details with the manager if you're interested." Yeah, well, I hope I'm not going to regret this... Can't say I'm jealous, not over someone just being nice to her, thank god someone is being nice to her but still he is a sight for sore eyes and Bells clearly has eyes. Don't be a jealous asshole Lukas. I'm being concerned for nothing, she's just a little bit on edge because she received help she didn't ask for, she never asks...and I want to help.

"Sure, I'll be here." She said nicely. "Well, back here, I'll be back here." She chuckled nervously, her eyes meeting mine as she must have felt them burn. The only upside to Isabella working with him is that he'll keep an eye out for Drew, remember that. He knows she's your girlfriend. I sure hope he does.

Zach's green eyes and charming smile were only paying attention for her, and that I didn't like. Can you blame me... Everyone can see Isabella is perfect girlfriend material. You would be stupid not to. "Perfect, see you later. I have to get back now, it's always crazy busy in the morning." He smiled, looking at me for once. Yeah that's right I'm here, sitting at the table...with my girlfriend.