Thirty-Four: too righteous and sweet

Isabella's POV

The one time I decided to be bold in my life what did I get? Nothing, absolutely nothing! I'm pissed, curious on why he didn't answer and sad because he didn't, there was also a bit of joy in my mood because soon enough I was going to find out all his reasons at Jason's get together, or whatever the hell it was called.

I stood in front of my closet, deciding what to wear, which was a difficult task considering I wanted to make an impression on Lukas. After pulling out some dull dresses I decided to go for a tight denim skirt, a black satin top and a black sweater paired with my boots. Not very girly, a bit tough but still innocent like me, rolling my eyes internally. I curled my hair into tight curls, not my usual style but I liked it once in a while.

Mia was already there so I had to walk by myself to Jason's frat house, which lucky for me wasn't to far. Either way I should really buy a bike. After the cold autumn breeze made my cheeks blush and my hands cold, I arrived at the house and for a get together there was a lot of loud music booming from the building. So much for it being low-key...

I walked inside, feeling a bit unwelcome and out of place because all I could see were strange faces of people who were too drunk for it being only 7pm. I looked around and saw small groups of people laughing and chatting all throughout the living room until my gaze fell on Mia talking to Ben and Jason. On guard I walked over, feeling very awkward like it's the first time I have been here or met them. I can't explain why. Maybe because Mia was always with me all the other times, being my buffer for awkward greetings.

"BELLAAA!" Mia yelled and several heads turned my way, making me feel stiff as a board until she walked over and hugged the crap out of me. She was looking amazing as usual wearing a red silk blouse and a black jean.

"Hi!" I smiled while still being hugged tightly.

"I thought you were going to bail on me..." She said looking at the watch on her wrist like I was an eternity too late.

"Well, why would I do that?" I said while both of us walked over to Jason and Ben.

"Because Luke is late too, I thought that maybe both of you were hooking up or something..." She shrugged her shoulders like she's serious before smiling at me with mischief. I do not want to know what she's thinking right now.

"He's not here?" Disappointment filling my guts. I really want to see him, most of all I need an explanation.

"He'll come, don't worry babe! He knows you're going to be here." Mia pops her eyes before giggling like a child. Alright she's a bit drunk, that's clear.

"I don't think that's a guarantee of him showing up." I laughed quiet fake, knowing he had been ignoring me, not knowing why...

"Don't worry about it Isabella, let's have some fun!" Ben said draping his arm over my shoulder but I give him a questioned look..."What? Was that like a private conversation? It's not a big secret we all saw it last time...He's swooning over you!" He winked before guiding me to an empty couch. Well, all these parties and get togethers pretty much all look the same...we always start with a game on a couch and probably end up in one big drama...

I sat down and quickly Ben flopped down next to me but instead of starting a conversation I decided to check my phone... Maybe, just maybe Lukas send me a text... Nothing, nothing on my phone, adding to my disappointment. I shouldn't get so upset about it but I didn't know what I did wrong. I sighed deeply but Ben nudged my shoulder with his.

"Let's play a card game, whoever loses needs to take shots..." Jason exclaims. Jesus can't these people just have a conversation. Do they always need to play games in order to have fun?