🅣🅗🅡🅔🅔

Songs :
1. Sue me (Sabrina Carpenter)
2. Must have been the wind (Alec Benjamin)

--------------

You heard a voice coming from behind you. You froze in place as you lowered your head, hoping he would go away. Unfortunately, he sat just behind you. As the teacher came in, you felt a light kick on your chair, and soon after, a paper ball landed in your place. You frowned and picked it up, opening it right after,

New books loser?

You panicked and turned around finding Yoongi who faced you with a smirk, probably already anticipating such reaction from you. You amused him and you hated yourself for it. You turned to the teacher again as your blood boiled silently and your eyes kept shifting to the paper. Yes, it seemed like you weren't going to be able to focus. Before you knew it, your body got tired of all the boys' games and you picked the paper up, replying:

Leave me alone, asshole

You heard an angry groan leaving his lips. Touché.

As the bell rang for lunch, you ran out of class with Yoongi following you with his gaze. He was impressed. In fact, he admired the amount of bravery you had shown to stand up for yourself, even if just for once.
You got to the rooftop and closed the door behind you. It was a very peaceful place, your favorite place, where no one could find you. You sighed, taking in the breathtaking view where you found some sense of home. Your eyes remained closed for a second and you took deep breaths, capturing the sound coming from every living thing around you, the singing of the birds, and the laughter from random students in the garden. You were scared of what Yoongi was going to do about the note. It was a reckless act, out of anger, and you were sure he wouldn't let the opportunity of humiliating you it slide.

What do I have that other people don't? , you questioned yourself.

You sighed and left the rooftop. Classes went by really fast and you were now standing at the bookshops' door. Yoongi didn't try to disturb you, not once. Instead, he even moved to his old seat, leaving the one behind you completely empty.

You opened the door with so many questions lingering around your mind, but the light ringing of a bell woke you up from your deepest thoughts.

The elder woman came to your encounter immediately.

"Hi miss Jinsoo." you greeted with a smile.

"Starla!" she warned you. "I already told you to call me grandma." she giggled. It was impossible not to feel comfortable around her.

"C'mon dear, let's get started. What do you want to do?"

"W-What?"

"I really need help but I don't know what you're good at. Why did you choose a bookshop?"

"I like reading." you revealed shyly.

"Is that so?" she smiled widely. "Well, if that's the case, I already know what your job will be. You're going to help the customers. You'll help them find what they need, give book suggestions and, of course, be a cashier. My job will be mainly at the back. I'm so glad you're here!" She hugged you, leaving you dumbfounded and a somewhat speechless.

You sat on a chair behind the counter, you could see everything from there, who walked in and out and where people were. As the first hours passed, your excitement about your new job decreased and you were starting to get bored because no one was there, no one came in that small shop in the corner.

"Grandma!" you heard a familiar voice calling, as the door opened. He called out for her again. "GRANDMA!" you looked up and trembled at the sight. You knew that voice way too well.

Oh no, you mumbled to yourself.

You tried to hide behind the counter but failed miserably once his grandma walked in.

"Yoongi!" She appeared, hugging the boy with excitement. " Oh, look how grown you are! Come on, we have so much to talk about but first, you must meet my new assistant, she goes to your school, maybe you know her... Starla!"

You sighed as you forced yourself to come out from your hideout. Yoongi's eyes widened for a second as his expression showed amusement and he smirked.

"Well, hello Starla, it didn't take long for us to meet again..."

"Oh, you already know each other?! How wonderful!" his grandmother clapped her hands in excitement.

"I guess so..." you mumbled, frightened.

"Yeah, Starla and I are great friends. Why didn't you tell me you worked here, dummy? I would have walked you." he teased you.

Your eyes widened and you felt weak on your knees. Before you could say anything his grandma cut you off:

"Oh! I'm sure you'll have lots of opportunities now."

You sighed heavily longing to get out of that situation as soon as possible.

"I have to go back to my desk." You stated.

"Why? No one is here. Are you that eager of getting rid of me?" Yoongi teased.

"I er... I just..."

"Don't make her uncomfortable sweetie." Jinsoo warned him.

He raised his hands up in defeat and turned your back on the boy, making your way towards your desk. You heard his grandmother in the background chatting with him.

"I haven't seen you in a while!"

"Yeah, I was busy, sorry!" he apologized.

"It's okay dear. I'm so glad you know Starla, she's a sweetie, I really like her."

"Yeah..." he mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I hope to see you around more often!" she waved as she made her way towards the basement.

"Oh, you surely will." the boy smirked at you as he left the bookshop with the bell following him.

Hours seemed to fly and, as your shift was over, you met Jinsoo.

"Hi dear, what's going on?" She questioned.

"Oh, nothing. My shift is over so if you don't mind, I'm headed home."

"Of course, you may go. Isn't it too dark though?"

You peeked outside and it was pitch dark. You couldn't see anyone walking but you still decided to head home by yourself.

"No! I'm walking. My house is nearby."

"Okay, stay safe!" she warned and hugged you.

"Goodbye!" You waved as you left.

As the darkness evolved you, you began to feel more scared. You rushed your steps as you walked past a pub. That exact moment, a door opened and a filthy teenager is thrown out. You could see he was completely wasted by the way he walked. As he turned around, however, your eyes widened in shock.

"You have to be kidding me!" you exclaimed.

His expression turned from confused to happy as he opened his arms, expecting a hug.

"STARLA!" he yelled.

---------
HI!!
I hope you're enjoying this story!!

Leave some feedback on the comments💜💜

I purple you 💜

REVISED: 25th April 2020