Caving In The Seems: Prespective change

Soo here we are!
There was a lot to unbag here, most of which I thought of while writing Caving In The Seems.
Also I know you guys must've noticed a lot of editing in said oneshot, I just had to fix a lot of issues in it. And I edited a bit of dialogue, so that it'd make much more sense than the first time I posted it.
It also looks like this is going to be a really long one guys.
So sit back, relax and read on.

-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-•-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-

Everyone thinks just because you're sweet and kind doesn't mean that you'll have to face as many dangerous situations as anyone else does, but that's not true, everyone has issues–
Whether it'd be mentally, physically, or emotionally.

Everyone has problems.

At least, that's what he kept telling himself, Maybe they'll help us after all? I mean, they're our friends for goodness sake! He kept on going back and forth, from wanting help from Doc to wanting none, it was tiring to say the least.

The former Hippie would always hear the Hermits whisper, do you think he's okay? He's been acting strange lately, it's getting concerned. Whether it was about him or not didn't matter, it made him feel bad, made him feel as if he was a villain, a liar, even if  he was telling a little bit of the truth, it was still a part of the bigger picture.

But that didn't mean he'd stop what he was doing, because he wa- no needed to do this. Ever since RenBob got back from Area 77 he started acting really strangely.
Saying things about how they were watching him, planning to hurt him somehow, clutching his arm everytime he hears or nears Scara, not reacting whatsoever to heat, refusing to leave the van because of his fear, and if he did he'd carry a med kit with him, why? He'd say, "just in case." But Ren didn't think it was weird, he was, after all, against a governmental force that has a huge plant that could bite someone's head off, that RenBob witnessed happen before to.. him.

Shaking the memory away, he decided to check on his Hippie friend before heading out.
So he walked up the steps of the Hippie's van, and peering inside he could hear him mumbling a "who's there?" in his meek and weak voice.

Ren quickly shuffled across the van to sit at the Hippie's side, slightly smiling, "Hey buddy, how are you? Feeling any better?" Asking even when he already knew the answer, Ren wanted to make sure RenBob knows he cares about him.

The Hippie, although he wasn't able to keep his eyes open for more than a few seconds, let out a relieved sigh at hearing Ren's voice, turned his head over to 'look' at his friend, "I've been through worse, and I think I'm getting better.." He murmured, his eyes wandering elsewhere.
Ren's smile fell, putting his hand gently on RenBob's forehead, he frowned, he was getting hotter and hotter as the days went by, "I have to get the cure fast.." he muttered to himself, looking at the Hippie's pale face as he seemed to have fallen asleep, "I'll be gone for the day, I need to do something real quick, okay?" He turned to leave before a hand grasped his, looking into those dull and fearful eyes, "don't go.. they'll get me if you leave.." the way he said it with such fear made him feel terrible, so he sat down again and pulled RenBob in a warm embrace, who was caught by surprise as this wasn't a normal occurrence.

The Hippie returned the hug shortly after, softly sobbing on his shoulder as he drew cycles on the Hippie's back, mumbling sweet nothings to the other.
And they stayed like that, until RenBob fell asleep soundly, clutching the former Hippie weakly.