2.0 Magnus Chase x Reader

1headphoneturtle1
Blessed
by Daniel Caesar

Magnus tossed back and forth in his bed. He knew that if he were to go to sleep, his dreams would be plagued with nightmares of the worst night of his life. His nightmares of his mom's death always were the worst the night going into her death anniversary. He didn't really let anyone else know what a hard time he was going through. He didn't want to be bombarded with sympathy from everyone on his floor.

There was only one person he was willing to go to, which is why he was knocking on your door at 3 a.m.

Rubbing the sleep out of your eyes, you opened the door. "Magnus? What's wrong?"

He sighed deeply. "I'm sorry. I didn't know who else to go to. You're the only one I trust enough to talk about what's going on right now."

Your face softened. You grabbed his hand and pulled him into your room. Closing the door softly, you turned to Magnus. "What's troubling you, Mags?"

He plopped down on your couch. Struggling to find the words to say, he put his head in his hands and heaved another deep sigh. You sat down next to him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"We don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." You move some hair out of his face so he could see that you were truly being sincere.

He shook his head. "No, I need to talk about it. It's killing me right now to deal with it alone. I need someone."

You move in the hug him. "I'm here. Tell me what's going on."

He accepts the hug and buries his face into your shoulder. As he began to cry, you held him tighter to show your support for him. It took him a few minutes to recover.

"It's my mom's death anniversary. It's been years. I would've thought that it would've gotten easier by now..." He hiccuped.

You shushed him and spoke softly. "Magnus, it was your mom. It's okay to still feel like this. You lost the most important person in your life. Stuff like that isn't easy and doesn't always get easier."

You wiped the tears from his face as he continued. "I just miss her. I should've done something to help her. I have nightmares about not being able to get to her in time in order to save her. No matter how hard or fast I try to run, I'm always a second too late."

"Hey, there was nothing you could have done that night. It's not your fault. I know the nightmares are hard for you, but I'll be here for you through the night to keep you company." You comforted him. "Now try to rest. It will be okay, I promise."

As the night went on, Magnus ended up falling asleep with his head on your lap. You didn't want to wake him up, especially since he was finally sleeping peacefully. You made yourself comfortable on the couch and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~

When Magnus woke up that morning, his first thought was him wondering why his bed felt so different. That's when last night flooded his memories. He blushed deeply when he realized he had fallen asleep on your lap. You stirred slightly in your sleep due to Magnus' weight being lifted from your legs.

Just when Magnus thought that things couldn't get more awkward, a knocking erupted from the other side of your door. You jumped up in your sleep, scared partially from the sudden bombardment of noise. You locked eyes with Magnus as he awkwardly waved at you with a massive blush on his face.

"Top of the morning to ya." He managed to say.

"What..." Before you could form a full sentence, the knocking started up again.

You stood and began walking to the door, not thinking about how it would look if one of your floor members found Magnus in your room. It would be especially embarrassing if it were-

"Alex! Um, hi how you doing this fine morning?" You smile, barely opening the door.

Alex rose an eyebrow. "I'm dandy. Why are you acting so strange?"

You stumbled over your words, trying to find a decent response. "You just woke me up. I'm always discombobulated when I wake up. Just another normal day here on Floor 19."

Alex spotted Magnus trying to tiptoe to another part of your room. "Really, because I didn't know you were going blonde."

You closed the door even more to the point where your face was nearly smashed between the door and the frame. "You've seen my wig collection?"

Alex smirked and backed away from the door. "Hey, I know you like him and all, so whatever you did last night is your business. You can tell me about it during dinner."

You gawked at your friend. Your mind struggled to form a sentence as Alex strolled down the hallway cockily. "I...he...you. It's not what it looks like!" You yelled down the hallway, scaring poor T.J. as he was walking back to his room with his lunch.

You slammed the door in a panic. Magnus poked his head out from your bathroom door. You face palmed and plopped back down on your couch. Magnus stood in front of you, trying to contain his laughter. You glared at him before you fell out laughing at how poorly you had just handled things with Alex. You playfully threw a punch at Magnus.

After the two of you calmed down, you decided it was time to be serious again. "So, how are you feeling?"

Magnus rested his head on your shoulder. "Honestly, I don't think I've ever felt better. Usually this day is so hard for me, but you've managed to make me smile and laugh." He lifted his head and grabbed your hand. "Thank you, y/n. I really appreciate you."

You squeezed his hand. "Aw, Mags. I didn't do anything but embarrass myself in front of you and Alex. If that makes you happy, then I'm glad I could help."