2.2 Apollo x Female!Reader

Firstly, no ToN spoilers. I still haven't finished it. Secondly, this first part will be based off of/inspired by the comment section of the first part and on Apollo's section from my "First Kiss" chapter. Hopefully this makes you laugh.

Lastly, sorry for my brief hiatus. My cousin died and another was rushed to the hospital because he fell into a coma. It was a rough time for me because I've had multiple deaths in my family in the past few months. I needed the break. I'm back now and will try to get back to my update schedule!

"Apollo, sweetie, you really don't have to-"

He waved you off. "Nonsense, a poem is more than necessary to celebrate our union and our soon to be child."

He sat down on the couch and thought deeply. What words would be perfect to describe the happiness he feels?

"This is the best day of my life
I am spending with my future wife
A child soon to be born
Is sweet like a rose without a thorn
Y/n, my dearest, you've made me a dad
And for this I am glad
Soon your belly will be round like an orange..."

He pauses for a moment, realizing he has chosen one of the hardest words in the English dictionary to rhyme with. You suppress a giggle as he searches his mind for the perfect word.

"Ah, yes, like a spore growing from a sporange." He nodded in approval. "Yep that should do it. Another beautiful poem written by yours truly."

You placed your hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, you've truly outdone yourself." Sarcasm was laced in your voice, but it seemed to go unnoticed by your fiancé. "I'm sure our future child will be happy to have your amazing poem writing abilities."

Lester wrapped you in a hug and gently kissed your neck with a hum. "Unfortunately for this baby, they will have both of our good looks. Everyone will be jealous of this beautiful child."

Rolling your eyes, you run your fingers through Apollo's hair. You would have never thought a god could be so... what's the best word to describe him? You didn't know. He was somewhere between being human and gentle but also being godly and stuck up.

You took in the scent of his cologne, welcoming his embrace. "The baby will have more to offer than just their looks, my love. Maybe they'll take more after me and my abilities instead. You ever think about that?" You pull away and fetch the final part of the meal from the oven.

"I mean yeah, but my musical genius and archery skills are the better inheritance." He argued. "Or even my healing abilities. I have the perfect genes to make a doctor."

"Or a boy band." You joke. "I have a lot to offer, like (power of godly parent)." You place the entree on a platter and move it to the table.

Apollo kissed your cheek sweetly before sitting across from you. "Yes, my dear. Let's just agree to disagree on this. My child will be perfect regardless."

"Our child, Apollo. We're in this together."

He placed his hand over yours. "Forever and always." He promised. "I will admit I am a little nervous. I haven't exactly been the ideal dad in the past. I may make some mistakes. I'm going to try my best everyday."

You turn your hand over so you can hold his in yours. "I'm not expecting you to be perfect. I'm expecting you to be there and to do your best. I won't be the perfect mother either, but we'll make it through. This child will know love from both of us."

"I don't deserve you, y/n."

"That's true." You confirm, stabbing a fork into your food. "But I love you anyway."

Apollo rolled his eyes and took a sip of his water. "I'd call you stuck up, but I have no room to talk. Will and Austin are going to be so excited when I tell them the news!"

You took note of how sporadic the god of music's thought process seemed to be. You knew emotions were swirling through his body. Things were different for him now, settling down with one person instead of hopping around from lover to lover. You were more than happy to break that cycle for him.

"You do realize it's too early to tell anyone, right? Most people wait until the first trimester passes." You comment. "Besides, they already have a lot of younger siblings to take care of because of you. I think they can wait to find out about one more."

His eyes dazzled as he took in your appearance. Tyche may be the goddess of luck and chance, but Apollo was sure he was the luckiest god alive right now. He was more than excited to spend the rest of his godly life with you and annoy you ever step of the way. That's the reason why he decides to say:

"Well, since you won't let me tell my children, I guess I just have to write a song about it and sing it every night."

"Apollo, NO!"

"Apollo, YES!" He smirked playfully.