ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"okay wait. if i multiply ax with bx and then take it sqared up, it's 3,5?" vernon asked in disbelief. at the moment, joshua helped the younger to get mathematics, seemed like vernon really needed it.

"yeah, it's that easy." joshua chuckled. the younger typed the term in again in his calculator.

"are you kidding? that's too easy, dude." vernon exclaimed. joshua tried to shush him.

"shh! junhui and mingyu are already sleeping. i know you're proud of yourself now, but we still have to stay quiet for their sake." it was really late though, midnight passed like it was nothing, but the two americans were still up, vernon trying to understand it, joshua trying to explain it. and after at least two and a half hours, joshua could proudly say, vernon understood it.

"you're right... we should probably sleep as well, don't you think so?" joshua nodded.

"yeah, we should. i'm glad that i could help you." he smiled.

vernon shrugged it off. "i'm the one who should be glad. without you, i'd still be a dumb shit. so thank you josh."

"language." joshua rolled his eyes.

vernon chuckled. "good night." and with that, he left the room.

the next day

joshua woke up at 6:45 am. luckily, he wasn't too late for his first period. he got up to make himself ready. while he was in the shower, he thought about yesterday. that boy from yesterday wouldn't leave joshua'smind, his angelic voice and handsome looks even haunted him in his dream tonight. he wondered if that boy had a girlfriend, joshua thought he was too nice and talented to be single. after he finished showering, he went into the kitchen and re-warmed the kimchi mingyu made yesterday. he found he wasn't that good at cooking, yet it was enough to be able to operate a microwave. as joshua was eating, mingyu tiredly stepped out off his room, almost stumbling into the kitchen. he also made himself some kimchi in the microwave and took a seat beside joshua. "good morning." joshua greeted the younger.

"morning." latter murmured.

"are you still sleeping?" the american asked smiling. mingyu shook his head slowly, then ate again. he was. the sight of mingyu still being half asleep made joshua chuckle fondly at his roommate.

joshua's first period was maths and if he was honest, he still regretted tat he took this class again. he wasn't even bad at it, he just didn't get why there was only one student better than him, a student he had never seen, or noticed, despite he always seemed to be present. the mysterious student took first place in all exams last semester, maths with 97 %. joshua himself got 92 % with the 2nd place. he was proud of himself, no question, but this one students score still bothered him so damn much. the funny thing was, he didn't even knew the students name. he could bet his surname was choi, but he really couldn't remeber clearly. well, since the last exams, he regret my choice of taking maths again.

joshua was free since 1:45 pm. so he went to his appartment, to get his stuff. and by stuff we all know what he meant. then he went to his place again and started singing. secretly, joshua hoped the boy would come back.

i'm your biggest fan
i'll follow you until you love me
papa-paparazzi
baby, there's no other superstar
you know that i'll be
your papa-paparazzi
yromise i'll be kind
but i won't stop until that girl is mine
baby, you'll be famous
chase you down until you love me
papa-paparazzi

(a/n: i love this song and i listen to it rn xD)

the people around him got more again, and if he was honest, he didn't notice that the boy was aleady there, staring at him. due to this, he went on with his next song.

you've got a hold of me
don't even know your power
i stand a hundred feet
but i fall when i'm around you
show me an open door
then you go and slam it on me
i can't take anymore
i'm saying baby
please have mercy on me
take it easy on my heart
even though you don't mean to hurt me
you keep tearing me apart
would you please have mercy, mercy on my heart

after joshua finished the last song, he saw how sthe stranger started to walk towards him. "hey." he simply greeted the american smiling.

"hey, how are you?" joshua asked politely.

the boy started laughing, leavign joshua a bit confused. why was he laughing? "what are you laughing at?" he asked.

"why are you so polite? i just turned 22 last week." he chcukled.

"oh really? congrats!" joshua smiled. He just smiled at my action.

"and what's your name?" he asked suddenly.

"i'm joshua and you?" he introduced himself. the blonde haired boy looked confused. joshua was waiting for an answer. "and what's your name?" joshua repeated his question.

"oh right. my name is jeonghan." he finally answered. joshua asked himself if jeonghan was confused because of his name, since it's not korean. the thought of it made him smile slightly.

then, work got in his mind. "i have to go!" joshua thought out loud, hastily starting to pack all his belongings.

"wait!" i turned to jeonghan.

"what?"

"i don't wanna miss this chance again. can i have your number?" jeonghan asked. josha glanced at him. "yes or no?" he repeated after the american didn't answer. latter shook his head to come back to reality.

"o-of course. justwait a little.." joshua replied, still packing his stuff. unzipping a bag on his guitar case, he was looking for a sheet of paper to write his number on it. he gave it to the blonde boy, which gratefully smiled at joshua.

"then, i'll text you later." he smiled and went back into the crowd diappearing there in the ocean of people. joshua followed him with his gaze, until he couldn't see the boy anymore. then, joshua made his way to work, already preparing himself for being scolded by mingyu once again.

1043 words