sᴇᴠᴇɴ

[a/n: imagine Jeonghan with this later :3]

"so you guys had a date." mingyu concluded, trying to convince joshua of the fact that he and jeonghan, in fact, had a date.

the american, however, didn't think so. "we didn't, it was just for fun. a nice hangout between friends." he explained. "but so much about dates," he could feel mingyu getting nervous. it was so obvious what was about to come and it caused joshua to pose a cheeky grin. "what's with you and wonwoo now? any updates?" joshua countered - and mingyu's blush made him smile even broader in victory.

"i- uhm- none of your business!" the younger stuttered causing joshua to laugh out loud.

"see? the exact same thing with me and jeonghan. it wasn't a date. and even if it was it wouldn't be any of your business. stop sticking your nose into my affairs, gyu." mingyu let out a groan in defeat which made joshua chuckle yet again. "did you have a date with wonwoo now or not?"

the question made mingyu whine. "you're no better than me if you ask me the same thing!"

"it's my revenge for your curiosity, now answer-" the door of junhui's room opened, revealing a sleepy, stretching chinese, wearing an oversized shirt and grey sweatpants.

"oh, hey mingyu, how was your date with wonwoo? you came back fairly la-"

"SO HE HAD A DATE?" joshua exclaimed, causing mingyu to get up from the kitchen chair. "WEN JUNHUI! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET!"

but the door of junhui's room was already closed shut again, causing mingyu to let out a frustrated groan.

joshua pulled mingyu down by his sleeve again. "okay, now you've got to spill."

"i don't know if it was a date, okay? we went to the cinema-"

"what a bad spot-"

"and then," mingyu intonated, wanting joshua to listen properly without interrupting him. "we ate together at the christmas  market. conclusion: i don't know if he thought it was a date, but it felt like one to me, honestly, and now i'm confused as of what to think."

the older thought for a hot minute, mingyu becoming increasingly nervous about what joshua had to say. "i'd say it was a date, to be honest."

"really?"

joshua nodded as he placed his head into his palm. "yeah, i mean- eating together at the christmas market is pretty much one of the most romantic things to do during season's greeting."

"says the one who went to the ice rink."

"my point is, i'd count it as a date."

a small smile crept onto mingyu's lips. "so i had a date with him..."

next day

"orders for table 5, 7, 12 and 15." mingyu stressed as he came back to the kitchen and clipped the notes onto the clipboard. joshua himself was already busy with reading his notepad and preparing what was written on it. before mingyu even starten preparing his orders, the older already left the kitchen area again, skillfully balancing four plates and two mugs on two trays. after he distributed everything and collected new orders on the way, he almost ran back into the kitchen.

it was sunday. and this was very obvious as the café was always pretty busy on sundays. "10, 13 and 4." joshua announced and prepared the first order. honestly, it felt like mingyu and joshua did everything alone, but there were six people in total working, all of them deadly busy.

joshua decided to take a short break after he finished another set of orders. he rested against the counter behind him after filling a glass with water.  but as he placed the glass on his lips, he heard a gasp from behind. "what? you're taking a break? how dare you! you're fired!"