2 | hoodie boy doesn't like you, guk

His next attempt that Tuesday takes place, as the first did, at the lockers. But this time it seems Jimin is more on guard. He notices Jeongguk approaching and makes an even quicker escape, sweeping his books into his arms and shutting his locker door before the other boy can open his mouth.

For having short legs, Jeongguk thinks, hoodie boy sure can move fast.

"Should start calling you Wile E. Coyote," Taehyung teases him after witnessing the sad scene. "Roadrunner always gets away."

"Tae, it's not funny," Jeongguk sighs, pouting as he watches Jimin disappear around the corner. "He actually seems like he's avoiding me."

"Probs 'cus you threatened to kiss him, Guk-"

"Tae, I told you I didn't." 

"Alright, alright, let's not get feisty now." Taehyung holds up steadying hands. "Maybe there's a reason. Maybe you did something else."

"I haven't," Jeongguk protests. "I haven't done anything to him, I don't think I've ever spoke to him before this morning. Do you...think he doesn't like people commenting on his hoodies or something?"

"Dunno. You should ask him."

"...him not speaking to me is the whole problem, Tae."

"Oh, right." Taehyung chuckles at his own moment of stupidity, then gives his friend's arm an encouraging pat. "You'll figure it out. Ooh, wait, I've got an idea."

"Probably a bad one," Jeongguk says before he can continue.

"What about asking Hoseok?"

"See, that's-..."

It's never an easy thing to process when Taehyung makes a reasonable suggestion. Jeongguk has to stare at him for a minute.

"...not a bad idea after all."

A smile lights up Jeongguk's face as he pats his friend's head gently. Taehyung purses his lips and returns the smile - but it's an absentminded smile, because at that moment Hoseok, once again, passes by them in the hall.

Jeongguk waves his hand in front of the boy's face but goes unnoticed.

"Unbelievable. You're stupid, deaf, and blind."

"I'm not deaf."

Despite his half-serious insult, Jeongguk genuinely agrees with Taehyung that it sounds like a good idea. Hoseok is much more talkative and open when it comes to other people, even if they aren't necessarily friends, so in comparison with Jimin, there's a higher chance of Hoseok being responsive.

That being said, Jeongguk takes his chance. Speed-walking down the hall, he takes off after Hoseok as quickly as he can without it seeming like he's chasing after someone. He catches the boy right as Hoseok begins to head towards the bathroom.

"Hoseok, hey."

The mentioning of his name stops him right in front of the door. Turning around and seeing Jeongguk, Hoseok smiles politely and gives a small wave. "Hey, Jeongguk. What's up?"

Crap, how do I word this without being obvious? "So you know Jimin, right?"

"My best friend?" Hoseok giggles, scanning the other's face in amusement. "Yeah, I think I know him. Why?"

"Oh, uh, just wondering..." Jeongguk pauses. His awkward expression almost brings Hoseok to laugh again. "Do you, uh...know if he, like, hates me or something?"

"Hates you?"

"Yeah."

The amusement doubled as well as the confusion. "Why are you asking?"