14 | sure, i'll serenade you

It's all Jeongguk can think about for the next couple of days.

He tries to avoid bringing it up so often in fear he may annoy Jimin, so by the time Friday comes around he's ready to burst.

Jeongguk already informed Jimin of the plan beforehand: after school, he'll drop Taehyung off as usual, then swing by Jimin's house to pick up the knitting supplies, and finally take everything back to his own house.

"Is Jimin gonna want shotgun?"

"I don't think he's gonna care, Tae."

"Yo, Jimin, you wanna sit up front?"

"It doesn't matter to me..."

"...sit up front, I'll feel guilty otherwise."

Without giving Jimin the chance to argue, Taehyung climbs into the backseat of Jeongguk's car and shuts the door. The other two boys get in next, but not before Jimin waves goodbye to his best friend.

"Does Hoseok need a ride home?" Jeongguk then asks curiously. Jimin shakes his head.

"No, he's actually close to the school. He always walks."

"Oh, okay."

Getting in behind the steering wheel, Jeongguk waits till Jimin closes his door before starting the car, at the same time turning around to make sure Taehyung didn't disappear.

"It's weird seeing you in the back seat."

"Uhm, shouldn't you be looking at the road?"

"Tae, I'm still parked."

"Parked, Jimin. He's parked."

Jimin furrows his brow. "What?"

"It's a pun. Did that go over both your heads?"

"No." Jeongguk puts the car in reverse to get out of the parking space. "It was just a lame joke, so I pretended not to get it."

"...and alas, my perilous journey for true friendship continues..."

"Drama queen."

Since his phone is connected to the car's bluetooth, Taehyung takes the liberty of putting on music of his own selection until he has to leave - which is relatively soon, as it's not a long trip by car.

"Don't forget your school bag, Tae."

"Like I would," Taehyung grumbles, slinging his bag over his shoulder as he drapes his legs out of the open car door. "See you guys Monday."

"See ya, Tae."

Once he's out of the car and the back door is shut, Jeongguk watches his friend to make sure he gets inside, then starts the drive to Jimin's house.

"You can put on some music, if you want."

"Hm?"

"A song?" Jeongguk chuckles and points to the radio. "The car's got Bluetooth, so if you've got your phone you can connect it and put something on."

"Ah, no, that's okay..." Jimin shuffles in his seat. "We probably have different music tastes..."

"Nonsense. I listen to all sorts of things."

There's a red light up ahead, so Jeongguk slows down and takes out his own phone, then brings up his YouTube music playlist and presses 'shuffle'. The first song to come up is, to the boy's distress, an hour-long loop of the SpongeBob SquarePants theme song.

"This isn't what I meant," he explains, skipping the video as the light ahead turns green. He sets his phone on the dashboard. "Taehyung, you son of a gun, stop using my YouTube account..."