12 | what happened to you?

Technically, it's Taehyung's fault.

If Taehyung didn't loudly whisper "dude, I wanna play next", Jeongguk probably wouldn't have gotten caught playing in class later that same day.

Jokes on him, though, Jeongguk thinks at first, I drive him home so he'll have to wait for me.

Because it's the first time it's happened for him there isn't a serious punishment. The teachers all know Jeongguk to be a relatively well-behaved individual, never much of a troublemaker in school and none of them really have any issues with him, but rules are rules.

Clean the classroom once the students are all dismissed: that's his task. Something he can bear with, something Taehyung can also physically bear with, but he asks Yoongi to drop him off since they live in the same direction. So he doesn't have to wait for his best friend after all.

Since the room wasn't messy to begin with it doesn't take too long. He finds some crumpled up notebook paper, a few gum wrappers, and a 3DS left under one of the desks.

Jimin's 3DS.

"Aw, Jimin..."

Jeongguk sighs as a smile slips onto his face. It must have slipped out of the boy's school bag, or maybe he took it out and forgot to pick it up again. Either way, this is definitely his game system.

Jeongguk slides it into his own bag. With the teacher out of the room and his cleaning finished, he heads out and goes to his car, then climbs in behind the steering wheel.

-

me
hey jimin you left your ds at school

me
i can drop it off at your house since i have my car, it's not an issue

-

He waits a couple of minutes for a reply. Nothing. Jeongguk frowns as he takes out the 3DS and sets it on his dashboard. What if he wants it today...?

Sighing, he decides to see if Hoseok will respond.

-

me
heyyyy hoseok quick favor

me
jimin left his ds at school, i was gonna drop it off at his house, you know his address right?

Hoseok
yeah hold on

Hoseok
[ address sent ]

Hoseok
if no one answers after the first knock you're probably better off just dropping it off in the mailbox

me
but won't someone steal it?

Hoseok
? doubtful lol, it's not a ghetto neighborhood or anything

Hoseok
jimin sometimes takes naps after school so i'm just saying if no one answers that might be why

me
oh okay

me
thanks hoseok

Hoseok
yup :)

-

He's pleasantly surprised Hoseok agreed so easily. Pulling up Google Maps, Jeongguk types in the address his friend sent him and drives to Jimin's house, humming a happy little tune to himself.

It takes a bit longer than it does for Jeongguk to drive to school - not that it bothers him, as he's got nothing of importance to do today, and besides, the idea of Jimin's smile appearing as Jeongguk returns the 3DS is something he's willing to sacrifice a little time for.