Chapter 8: Operation Save Auradon: Save Audrey

Along the way to the castle, the group heard a dragon roar, startling them. Grace recognized that it was Mal and she knew that she had to help her friend. The Queen turned back to her friends and said to them, "Take Chad to the castle. Tell my parents to be ready for me if anything happens. I've gotta help Mal." Jane replied, "But, Grace! The twins..." Grace said, "Will be fine. Now, go." Once she was sure that her friends and brother were gone, Grace tried to see if she could use her wings and grinned when she could. She followed the sound of Mal's distressed roses and heard Celia's scream. Feeling protective, the wolf Queen growled. Before anything happened, another contraction went up her abdomen and she groaned in pain. Grace landed in the courtyard where she found Mal having a stand off with Audrey. She rushed up to the tower and howled, startling Audrey. Audrey glared at the Queen and said, "Must you always ruin my fun?" Grace paced in front of Celia, who watched with fear in her eyes. Down below, she heard Uma shout her and Mal's names. Audrey continued, "You ruined my life the minute you chose Mal over me! I thought we were friends!" Grace said to her friend, "We were and we still are, Aud. Please, this magic...... is too much for you. You're going to end up hurting yourself." Audrey replied, scoffing, "Please, you're the one to talk. Have you told Ben about your contractions?" Grace froze, along with Mal who perked up at this. Audrey smirked and said, "So, you haven't? Grace, Grace, Grace."

Grace growled, she didn't like how this was turning out. She knew that she had to calm down for her babies' sakes. The young Queen let out a howl and a puff of blue smoke appeared. The smoke transformed into a wolf, startling Audrey. The wolf let out a howl and blew a cloud of smoke towards Audrey, just as Mal and Uma used their magic as well. The smoke surrounded Audrey, taking the spell off of her. Audrey collapsed to the ground, unconscious. Mal went back to her human form and rushed towards Celia. Mal looked at Celia and said to her, "You okay?" Celia replied, "If it wasn't for Grace, I wouldn't be." Mal turned to look at Grace and said, "Thank you, Grace. *When Grace didn't respond, she became concerned* Grace?" Grace whispered, before she collapsed, "The babies......Ben......" Mal shouted, as her friend collapsed, "Grace!!" Mal and Celia ran to the fallen pregnant Queen, just as Uma and Harry arrived.

Thirty minutes later, Ben found himself pacing in front of his and Grace's bedchambers. Not only was his close friend was unconscious but now his wife. Chad watched as his brother-in-law pace and said to him, "Grace will be okay. She's a fighter and a survivor." Ben replied, "I should've gone with her. I would've been able to protect her." He heard his name being called and saw his friends running towards him. Evie pulled him into a comforting hug, squeezing him. She said to him, "Have they said anything?" Ben replied, "Not since I got here." Mal sighed and said to Ben, "I'm so sorry, Ben. I should've told Grace to stay out of the fight. If only I was strong enough." Ben replied, "No, it's not your fault. Grace is just a head-strong and a very determined Queen." Fairy Godmother stepped out of the room, causing all of them to turn to her. She said, smiling, "The Queen is perfectly fine. In fact, in a few hours, the Prince and Princess of Auradon will arrive." Ben stared at her, without words, and replied, "What do you mean?" Jay chuckled and said to his friend, "It means that you will be a dad." Evie pushed Ben towards the door and said to him, "Now, go be with your wife. She needs you."

Inside the bedchambers, Grace was still unconscious. Ben entered the bedchambers to see his wife, still in her wolf form with her stomach showing. He slowly walked over to her and sat next her. The young King sighed and whispered, "I'm so sorry, Gracie. I should've protected you better." He looked down at the ground, hoping that his wife would wake up soon. He heard a voice say, "It's not your fault." He looked up then turned over to his wife to see her with her head in her paws but awake. Ben smiled and said to her, "You're awake!" Grace replied, as she groaned, "Yeah, and in pain." Ben said to her, concerned, "Do you need anything? I can go get Fairy Godmother for you." Grace replied, "No, it's fine. It's just contractions." Ben sighed and said to Grace, "Why didn't you tell me you were having contractions, Gracie? I need to know if you're in pain." Grace replied, "I didn't want to worry you. We were in the middle of saving Auradon and our attention was elsewhere. *Ben gave her a look* When you're a King or Queen, you have to put the kingdom above everything. As much as I disapprove of that statement, we were against a great evil. I didn't want to distract you from your duties as King." Ben sighed, he knew his wife was correct. Grace continued, "Ben, it is not your fault that I got in danger. It is mine, I didn't think before I acted. For that, we're in this state." Ben said to her, "Well, all that matters is that you and our children are safe. *He smiled at her lovingly* I love you." Grace chuckled and replied, before feeling something ooze down her legs, "I love you too. Ooh......Uh, Ben? I think it's time." Ben's eyes widened and said, "It's time?" Grace nodded and watched as her husband rushed out the room, announcing it was time. She smiled down at her stomach, placing her paw on her stomach.