14

^April up above^
...
I carry the white dress in my mouth that I had the other night in my wolf's mouth. My body screams to go back to bed and  to go back to the comfort of my bedroom, but I keep going to see if he is okay.

After realizing that my mate was in the room with Maximus I went into a frenzy over how we need to go back. But my father ignored me and I went straight to my room not saying another thing.

I finally get to the river and I see him there in the water in his human form. His back is toward me so that I cannot see his face, but I know that he knows that I am here. I change back into human form and get into my white dress. I get into the water and go in even though my dress is getting wet.

I see the red scratches and lashes all over his back that were not there yesterday. I almost go back to the pack house to kill Maximus for what he did to my mate, but I stay to comfort Daniel.

At the last minute Daniel turns around and I gasp at the purple and red splotches on his face. His left eye is swollen and his right eye looks like it disappeared. His lips are cracked and dry blood is on the corner.

"Oh baby," I sob and hug his body. He shivers at my touch and all I can see is red. "I'm so sorry baby," I cry and before I realize it he pushes me away. He backs away and shakes his head.

"You need to leave April," he tries to say harshly and I shake my head no. I come closer to him to hug him, but he backs away putting some distance between us. "April please just reject me," his voice cracks at the words and I stop abruptly.

"What," I ask astonished to hear him say that. I  look at him like he has literally lost his mind.

"Reject me," he pleas.

"Why the freaking hell would I do that Daniel," I yell at him and now tears start to rush out of my eyes.

"Because I am a monster!" he blows up and I jump at the change of personality in him. Even though he is all beaten up and his face is turning red hot I still find him attractive.

"No you are not Daniel," I softly cry.

"You have no fucking idea of who I am!" he sputters. "The only reason you want me is because I am what the Moon Goddess gave to you as a fucking mistake." I block out the negative words he is telling me.

"Daniel stop," I sob.

"You don't love me! Fuck it you didn't even know who I was when we first met!"

"Daniel it doesn't matter I know you now," I look into his eyes or one eye. "I know who you are now and I love who you are now," I say.

"Reject me April and then your perfect life can go back to normal," he turns away from me.

"I don't want my perfect life back I want you," I whisper. I come closer to him and this time he does not move. I wrap my arms around him.

"Everyone even your family thinks that I am no good for you," he whispers now and I kiss his back.

"Who gives a crap about what everyone thinks," I plant another kiss on his back. The lashes and scratches on his back have gone away thanks to the river and the pain I felt throughout my body is also no longer there.

"April I am a monster, they are right I shouldn't be around you," he says while turning back around.

"Let me make my own decisions," I rub his cheek.

"If only you knew of what I..." he says and then looks down.

"Tell me what is so bad that you should be banned from my pack grounds and me," I look up at him and he shutters. "If I can't take it then I will reject you, but if I can stand it then I am staying right here baby and I won't go anywhere," I smile at him and he looks at me.

"I-I he," Daniel starts and then shakes his head.

"Tell me baby," I coo for him to keep going.

"I killed so many humans," he lets the words fall out. I don't register the words at first until they echo in my head a bit.

"Huh?" I question and he is shaking nervously now.

"April I grew up as a rogue wolf.  We killed many humans all over South East America. We used to kill women and children in front of the husband and then leave them to die. I didn't realize what we were doing was wrong until I was older, but I grew up believing that it was okay. I thought what we did was justice for werewolf kind and that it was alright to do such things. But then it started getting worse."

"We started killing our own kind. One pack after the next. We killed weaker and newer packs first and then destroyed the bigger packs until we tried to destroy the Red Blood pack. They beat us and killed 3 quarters of the rogues army. My father surrendered and begged for mercy of his family. I was only sixteen at the time and my little sister was twelve. My mother was pregnant with a set of twins. Thankfully,  Alpha Gabriel granted us mercy and made us the Omega family."

"At first everything was tense because of the war on rogues and the packs, but then things started to get worse for us. People treated us as slaves and my mother was so stressed at the time she had a miscarriage. We are reminded everyday of who we are and what we are. Monsters."

"Of course we deserve it, but to see my little sis struggle and be bullied everyday, to see my mother on her last limb of not dying of depression, and to see my poor father work so hard in the pack, but none of it matters because of our reputation."

Daniel stops and he looks up at the sky. I stare in shock at what he has just told me. I don't know what to think. I don't know how the story he told me is true. My Daniel a monster. He is so gentle with me I could never ever see him harm a fly let alone thousands of people.

I remember the rogue wars when I was 14 or 15. They were terrifying to hear about. My father tried to hide it from me, but Tiana made sure to give me the deets. Packs were being destroyed left and right. It was so bad that the Eclipse pack had been destroyed and they were the second most powerful pack in the region behind my pack.

But it was all over when the Red Blood pack and the Blue Moon pack came together to destroy it. The whole time the war was going on I was under ground with many other helpless people that could not fight waiting for it to be over. The booming sounds and the painful howls still rung my ears and haunted me once in a while.

Many wolves died, but they died to end the rogue army and saved us from the danger. But I did not know there were people that surrendered and resided in the pack. And I definitely could not see my mate being apart of the rogue army killing innocent werewolf packs just for fun.

I took a step back and Daniel looked up at me sadly. He grabbed for me, but now I was the one putting distance between us.

"I have to go," I whisper and get out of the water. I take off my dress not even caring if he sees me and run off not looking back at my mate.

...❁❀...

Wow!!

What is April going to do?

See y'all in the next chapter!

-Trisgraceeverdeen