18

The trees seem different as I run through them. They seem more like they should be in a horror film or something. But I should not be worrying about that. My biggest priority is to get to Daniel and pray that he is still alive and will listen to me when I say we have to leave. I run through the school parking lot and my heart and lungs are in my throat as I try to listen for Daniel. 

After my father sent me to my room for not being able to look at me because I had my beautiful, but dangerous  mate's scent on me. I quickly knew that I had to get Daniel away from here and from everyone who knew us. I saw the way my brother Maximus looked at me with disgust and I knew that he was going to rip Daniel's head off when he gets a hold of him. I'm just surprise he didn't just rip my head off as well. 

I don't hear Daniel's thoughts and then I bust the doors open to the school and rush in smelling for his scent, but it's so confusing because Daniel's scent is all over me and now we are basically one. Maybe that is why our minds are connected and we can hear each other. 

Daniel!?!

"Daniel!?!" I yell mentally and physically. People are looking at me like I am mad woman walking into school and Tiana sees me and runs toward me. "Have you seen Daniel?"

"What are you doing here?" we ask our questions at the same time and if it was the old and boring days of my life before I met Daniel. Tiana and I would have laughed at each other, but since I am in dire need to know where my mate is I don't care how silly or stupid we sound. "No I have not seen Daniel, but I know that your brothers and father are coming here." she tells me and I thank her walking past her. 

Hmm let me see here. Anything here about mate telepathy?

I almost fall out at the sound of his thoughts grace mine. 

Daniel!!

April?

Where are you?

I ask in a rush. 

In the library. Is everything alright. 

I'm coming. 

I run to the library and walk into the dingy place. I have never been here before which is sad. I see Daniel comes out from an isle and he looks at me with worry in his eyes. 

"Is everything alright love?" he asks and I almost die right there because I am happy to see him alive and beautiful. And after the beautiful night we cherished with one another I feel like we are now one and no one can take that away. 

"Daniel my family knows," I run into his arms and he wraps them around me. I look up at him and I see the fear in his eyes. "We have to run away," I tell him. 

"April I-" he starts, but I cut him off. 

"Daniel they are coming and I- I think Maximus is is going to k-kill you," I stumble over my words.  Tears fill my eyes and I lay my head back on his chest breathing in his beautiful scent like this is the last time, but it is not. 

"April I can't my family they," he stops and shakes his head. 

"Daniel if we don't go they are going to lose you either way," I plead with him and I grab his arm pulling him to come with me. The realization finally comes through in his mind at my words. 

"W-they were that angry?" he questions and I nod. He looks down and shivers. "I knew we shouldn't have, I am so sorry love," he whispers and apology. 

"Daniel please don't apologize, I wanted it. Now we have to go," I pull him and he comes with me without resisting. We run out the back door leading to the school field and I switch into my wolf and beckon Daniel to do the same. He changes also and we begin to run. 

I start to become tired, but I push myself no matter what. Because Daniel is worth it and I love him from the moon and back. 

We get far away from the school and Daniel stops at a path leading to the Red Blood Pack's territory. 

April I need to see them.

Daniel no, we need to go.

Please April, I swear it won't be long. 

I hesitate a bit and then oblige to let him go say goodbye to his family. 

We run down the path and when we finally see the opening to their area I am surprised by how much it has changed from the last time I was here. Before it was just one big house like my pack house, but now there are individual homes everywhere. 

The Red Blood Pack's land was mostly destroyed from the Rouge and Packs war so I can see why they changed. Each house differs in size based on ranks and we run toward the most shabby house out of all of them. The house is barely hanging on by a thread and it just makes me want to cry looking at it. 

A man is planting outside the house and from afar I thought he was crippled and old, but as we get closer I realize that he looks like a majorly older version of Daniel. The man looks up at us and stares at Daniel's wolf in shock. They somehow share a conversation with their eyes and his father nods. 

"Lisa?" the man calls out and a tall plump woman that has the same hair color as Daniel comes out of the shabby home. They include her in the conversation and she starts to cries when something is silently said. 

"Daniel please," she sobs and my heart shatters at the sound of motherly love is passed between them. "Yes I will stay strong," she whimpers out. Then they all look at me  and I look down at the ground. 

"Yes, I will tell Lena, now git out of here," his father says and Daniel barks in response. He moves his head for me to come closer. 

Love these are my parents Dereck and Lisa.

I nod my head to greet them. Daniel says something to them. 

"Nice to meet ya April," the man smiles at me. 

"N-nice t-to meet y-you," Daniel's mother stutters and my eyes fill with sympathy. 

"Go Daniel before they come and git ya," his father says again and I agree with him. Daniel nods and rubs his head against his mother's dress and she rubs his head. 

"I love you so much Danny, please be safe," he barks and we run off fast this time. 

I'm sorry

I tell Daniel. He has to leave his poor family because of my selfishness to be freaking marked and now we are dealing with the unfortunate consequences. 

It was our choice love and I shouldn't have regretted it back there. I love you and we will be together forever. 

My heart warms at his words.

Thank you Moon Goddess for blessing me with a mate who loves me unconditionally. 

...❀❁❀...

Aww I love them so much!!

Anyway thank ya'll for reading and maybe I will update in a few days so you guys won't be waiting for so long. 

-Trisgraceeverdeen