25

*Violence up ahead and also some triggering topics*

"It is almost your turn to go out Deary," a dark skin middle age woman named, Harriet, tells me as each of the bridesmaids go out when it is their turn.

"Yes ma'am it is, do you want to go ahead and take a seat?" I ask with a smile at the woman as she stares at me with awe.

"Such a kind and considerate new Luna we will have," she nods in approval. This morning felt so long, but at the same time it went by so quickly and I am confused by whether I should be happy about that. So, far the plan that me and Daniel made, has been going accordingly. So, that is a good thing.

"Ok it is your turn future Luna," Harriet smiles at me and I return one back to her. I squeeze the flowers in my hands tightly as I step closer to the doors that open up to reveal the beautiful decor of the venue.

There are rows of seats on each side of the aisle that I will be walking down. The chairs on the side are lined with an off-white lace material and beautiful white roses. On the floor there is a cream colored walk way and white petals that the flower girls dropped while it was their turn to walk down the aisle. I look up to see at the end of the aisle is Damien who is looking at me with red cheeks. But my eyes over look him entirely and go to the handsome man right next to him.

Daniel.

He is wearing a white warrior's uniform which makes him look so strong and he gives me a quick wink which makes my face warm as everyone stands at my arrival. I begin to walk down the aisle slowly, but surely.

Alpha Oliver and his Luna stand at the front and he gives me a nod of approval. I give a genuine/fake smile and look away. As I get closer to the end of the aisle something happens.

"He is mine bitch!"

Bang!

My whole body jolts at the sound and everyone around me begins to scream and stare at me with faces of horror.

"Get her!" Alpha Oliver yells a command to his warriors and they all go after whoever. I look up the aisle to Damien who stares at me like he has seen a ghost. I look at Daniel who has a look of horror as he runs to be by my side. Chaos breaks out and everyone is yelling, screaming, and running like maniacs.

My legs suddenly feel weak and I begin to feel dizzy as gravity pushes me to the ground, but warm and strong arms catch me. I look up to see Daniel and his eyes are filled with tears. I look down and let go of the flowers in my hands when I see that they are covered in red.

April

I look up at my mate's face and he cries as he buries his head into my chest. I close my eyes from the headache I am feeling and Daniel is yelling at me to open them and stay awake, but I don't want to. The darkness is so comforting and I just can't help but follow it.

...

*Third Person*

"Come on!" Damien groans to Daniel who is carrying his mate gently in his arms.

"I am coming jeez calm down." Daniel says as he tries to not wake April up from her slumber.

"Why do you have to escape now of all times?" Damien questions as they trudge through the dark forest with only the moon as their light.

"Why did your fucking mate have to come and shoot my mate?" Daniel growls.

"I apologize for my mate's reckless decision I did not know that she was um-alive," Damien mutters.

"How the hell do you not know something like that?"

"Well, when we supposedly found her, she was hanging from her ceiling fan," Damien sighs as he recounts the memory that has haunted him for the past few years.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-bring that up," Daniel apologizes when he sees the gloomy look on Damien's face.

The boys walk for another two miles in silence and stop to take a break at a lake. Daniel sits down on a boulder nearby. While still cradling April, he checks the bandages that are on her shoulder to see if her wound is okay.

After April had closed her eyes, Daniel started to panic and was yelling for help. The pack's medics came and immediately rushed her to the clinic. Daniel waited outside for hours until he could see her. When they finally let him in, they told him that the bullet that was shot was thankfully not fatal, but caused a lot of damage to her scapula and the reason she fell out is mainly because of shock and blood loss.

"She should be up in a few hours, we put her on some heavy pain killers so she will not be in too much pain," is what the doctor told Daniel before leaving the room.

After they had left Damien and Alpha Oliver came in. Alpha Oliver told Daniel that they are looking for the masked person who did this. After the Alpha had left, Damien asked Daniel if he could help him out.

*Flashback*

"I need um your help," Damien mumbled to Daniel.

"What do you want." Daniel glared at Damien wondering why the future Alpha of this pack was still in here.

"I know who did this." Was all that Damien said to get Daniel's full attention away from April.

"Who is it?" Daniel questioned softly but threatening.

"It is my mate." Damien gulped.

*End of flashback*

Now here they are, sitting at a lake and trying to look for Damien's mate who escaped the warriors of his pack. At first Daniel didn't want to help but when he looked at April he knew they had to get out of there before something else happened.

Daniel pushed April's black locks out of her face and smiled at how peaceful she looked. Tears soon started to roll down his cheeks as he realized that this was all of his fault.

Everything good that he has tried to do, ends up in shambles and he believes it is because of his past.

Am I cursed?

He thinks as he looks up to the sky.

Moon Goddess please answer me. Why have you given me such a wonderful and beautiful mate? I can't bare to see April like this. If I had known this is what it would be like, I would have just rejected her myself.

Daniel looks down form the sky and closes his eyes. He grabs April's limp hand and presses it on his face. Her hand is warm against his cheek and he breathes in and out to take his mind off of his dangerous thoughts.

...❀❁❀...

Thank you guys for reading!!

-Trisgraceeverdeen