36

What the actual fudge! 1k votes on this story! Thank you guys, so much!

...❀❁❀...

"What do you mean it is more lethal than before?" Mateo questions Daniel.

After Daniel's statement, everyone went silent. My father sat back with an even more stressed out look, Mateo started calculating, Maximus balled his fist, and Tiana's eyes bulged out of her head.

"They have recruits everywhere, while April and I were on our way to here, we ran into one," Daniel tells them. My mind goes back to that white wolf that we encountered.

So, they were apart of the new Rogue Pack.

"How did you guys get pass them?" Maximus asks with a knowing glare towards Daniel.

"That is not important Maximus, we need to figure out how we are going to handle this new situation," my father states, "How do you think we should handle this? We were lucky enough to beat them the first go round, but if they are stronger than they were before, I don't think we will be as lucky." he finishes.

"Like I told George, I think it would be best to start preparing, we need to have as many people that are willing to fight be ready for this new war," Daniel tells them. Everyone nods at Daniel's suggestions.

"I also believe that the few of us that were apart of the Rogue pack, should-" Daniel looks at me before finishing. I stare at him to keep going, but Tiana grabs my other hand and pulls me to leave the meeting.

"I need to show you something," Tiana says while still pulling my arm.

"Can't it wait?" I try to get out of her grip, but it is too strong. My other hand slips out of Daniels as she drags me out of the office.

"I'll tag along," Hazel grabs my other hand that is now free and helps to take me away.

The office door closes behind us, leaving me without knowing what is going on.

...

This couldn't wait?" I ask blankly as Tiana shows off her outfits to me. She is wearing a pink spandex dress with chains going across the back.

"Um no, you are a fashion diva and I had to show you this before I forgot," Tiana twirls again in the dress, Hazel sits next to me on Tiana's queen size bed cheering on Tiana.

"You look amazing," she shines her pearly whites.

"You think, I can't wait to show it off to Max, and maybe he will even take it off."

"Yep, it is my time to leave," I stand up instantly after Tiana's statement. I start to head for her bedroom door, when she pulls me back on the bed with her. Now I am sitting in between the two girls.

"Do you want me to tell you how Max and I found out we were mates?" Tiana asks.

"No not really- "

"Yes!" Exclaims Hazel.

"Okay so, I woke up the morning that your brothers and father got back from talking with you," Tiana starts off.

Just thinking about the time, we had our last encounter makes me think about how bad it went and now we are back in some kind of good terms. 

"Suddenly, this delicious minty smell ran through my nose and my whole body was tingling, I ran down the stairs with hair rollers, my sleepers, and my teddy bear," Tiana gushes at the memory as I frown knowing what is coming up.

"Aww," Hazel giggles at the story.

"When I was about to go into the kitchen, I ran face first into Max's chest," Tiana looks off into a daze," He looked at me like how I imagined he would in my dreams and next thing I know I am marked," she finishes the story.

"I love it." Hazel claps her hands with joy.

"Gross," I mutter.

"I found out George and I were mates the day that I um," Hazel stops to cringe.

"When you beat me up," I say the rest.

"Yeah, sorry about that," Hazel rubs a hand on the back of her neck while turning beet red.

"Well now that story time is over, I think we can go see what the guys are talking about," I stand up once again to leave, but this time both girls push me down.

"Where did you and Daniel go?" Tiana blurts out, I stare at her frustratedly because I really don't want to talk about my whereabouts.

"Wonderland," I mumble under my breath.

"Come on April, you left me here all by myself to deal with everything without you! The least you could do is tell me where you have been?" Tiana pushes the guilt card which I easily fall for.

"Well, we ran to a motel in that little human town close by," I start.

...

"I am so sorry that you had to go through all of that," Tiana and Hazel are both hugging me in tight hugs while having tears running down their cheeks.

"Yeah, at least it is over," I pat their heads comfortingly.

"Don't you ever leave without me," Tiana says with a snotty nose.

"Okay, eww," I push her away by the forehead.

"If you need anyone to fight that bitch who shot you, I am right here," Hazel sobs.

"I'll keep that in mind," I nod.

The door to Tiana's room opens and Maximus pops his head in slightly to see the two girls next to me crying.

"Um is this a bad time?"

"Yes" Tiana says.

"NO!" I yell so that I can get out of here.

"Um well uh dinner is ready if you know..." he leaves. I pop up off of the bed and run out of the toxic room. I race down the stairs to get to the first level.

"April wait we need to talk some more!" Tiana yells, but I ignore sister girl and keep running to find my healthy balanced mate.

I finally see him leaning up against a wall that is facing the outdoors. I slip my hand into his before I even realize it.

"I am so glad to see you," I breathe. Daniel turns to face me with a curious look.

"Why?"

"You don't want to know," I shake my head vigorously, thinking about how happy I am to be away from story time with Tiana and Hazel.

...

After a slightly tense dinner with not only the weight of the Rogue Pack being back, but also having me back with my dangerous mate, there was definitely very many stares being thrown our way.

Thankfully, my father allowed us to stay on the pack grounds. Now Daniel and I are in my old room. We are laying together with Daniels back against the bed and my body lying on his.

I hear his soft heartbeat that is luring me to sleep. Before I can slip into my final stage of sleep, Daniel says something.

"I love you." I sit up slightly to look at his facial expression, but he just stares at the ceiling.

"I love you more," I whisper.

"Never." His eyes finally meet mine and my whole chest constricts at the site of his brown eyes filled with water.

"Baby," I gasp as I get up to straddle him. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me down to bury his face into my hair, "Why are you crying?"

"I am not crying April."

"Yes, you are," I say muffled into a pillow.

"No, I am not."

"Whatever," I roll my eyes at his stubbornness. He takes his face out of my hair to look at me in the eyes.

"Just know that I love you, no matter what," Daniel tells me.

Before I answer his lips press against mine with his tears falling. 

...❀❁❀...

Thank ya'll for reading!

-Trisgraceeverdeen