33

We finally get to a cabin that is way bigger than any of the other cabins. It has a very open feel to it and in the back you can see the waterfalls. There are many people that look my age and maybe a little bit older dinking and dancing to the music that is playing in the background.

I pull the dress down that Mia made me put on. It is a red cotton dress that hugs my body, which is not my style, but it will do.

"I am so happy you made it," Damien says when we come up to him at the little mini bar. Mia grabs him by the neck and slams her lips onto his before he says another word. I look everywhere, but at them as I feel the awkwardness surge through my body.

"Wow," Damien says in awe when they pull away after a minute.

"Um I am going to go...over there," I mumble as I walk away to the balcony that shows the beautiful waterfalls. Once I am outside, I sigh and my curly hair rises as the wind blows. I breathe in the fresh breeze and lay my head on the railing of the balcony.

"Are you new here?" A voice asks and I turn to see a guy with light brown skin. He has a bright smile and a pair of glasses on.

"Um yeah," I say and give him a closed smile back and then look back at the scenery in front of us.

"I thought so, I have never seen someone as beautiful as you, around here," he says and I squint my eyes at his comment and decide on ignoring him because of his attempt to hit on me. He smells the air and his grins even more, "You have a mate," I turn to him and nod.

"All the beautiful werewolves are gone,"he says and slaps his knee. I look him up and  down and he seems a little bit older than me.

"Have you found your mate?" I ask him curiously.

"Yeah I have," he sighs and turns from the waterfall and leans his back on the balcony.

"Why aren't you with her then?" I ask leaning into him. I know that I am being nosey, but it is nice to be in someone else's business instead of my own.

"She wasn't exactly, I don't know how to put it, she was just dangerous in a way," he says and rubs his hand down his face. The charismatic smile that he had once before is now gone and all that is left is a face that is stress stricken.

"How was she dangerous?"

"She was apart of the Rogue pack that ruled people's fear a few years ago," he tells me and my eyes widen at the information. "I mean, I did like her and she was one of the sweetest people, butI knew that my parents wouldn't except her." He shakes his head and looks away from me. 

"What did you do?"

"I had to make a decision on whether I was willing to give up everything and everyone I grew up with or be with someone that the Moon Goddess gave to me." 

"What was your final decision?" I ask warily. 

"I-I-" his voice shakes and before he can say another word, alarms go off everywhere. I jump startled by the noise and everyone must have been just as surprised because some people scream.

Suddenly, I see Damien coming to where I am, while pulling on Mia's arm. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Damien asks as he scans over the guy right next to me. 

"Uh yeah, I am fine, what is going on," I question and Mia rolls her eyes. 

"We have to head to the mess hall and we will find out there," she mumbles and leads the way. The guy I was talking to looks at me and I shrug my shoulders and start to follow. 

...

"Hello everyone!" Janice yells. The mess hall is full to the max, you can tell that the young adults and teenagers were at the party, while the older members of the pack and their  children were in the bed because of the sleepers they are wearing. I stand in between Damien and the guy I just met, looking all around I don't see Daniel anywhere. 

Daniel?

I say through our mind link, but there is no answer. My heart clenches because I hope that he is fine. 

"Everyone we are in a crisis right now. We have recently found out that the Rogue Pack is back," people all throughout the mess hall gasp and start talking about the matter. I am taken a back from the news. 

How the heck are they back? The main leaders were executed. How and when did they find out about this? What are we supposed to do?All of these questions run through my head. 

"We are going to have to evacuate the premises of the Survivor pack, because the Rogue pack is headed here," members from the pack start to ask her questions and she answers, but you can tell that this news is hard for Janice to tell her followers. 

"I have to go back," Damien states with a horror stricken face. "I have to tell my pack, I am sure they don't know about this and we are so close to here." He runs his hands through his hair as the realization of the matter hits him hard. 

"I'll go with you," Mia rubs her hand on his back and he looks at her with gratitude. The guy that I was talking to earlier has an unbothered look on his face, which makes me uneasy. 

"We have to move now, grab anything that is necessary, but please keep it to the bare minimum!" Janice yells. People start running and heading back to their houses to get their stuff. Damien and Mia look at each other and nod. 

"We are leaving, do you want to come?" Damien asks.

"No, I am going back to the cabin to get Daniel," I respond. Damien gives me a wary look, but Mia pulls on him to go. 

"Stay safe little shrimp," she tells me and I glare at the nickname. She laughs and both her and Damien head out. 

I turn to wave goodbye to the guy I was talking to earlier. He nods toward me and I leave to go.  As I walk down the trail to where Daniel and I are staying at, my heart thumps really hard against my chest. 

Does the Blue Moon and Red Blood Pack know about this? My heart hurts as I ask myself this. I make another turn and am almost to my destination. I see that the lights to the cabin are off. I remember leaving them on when Mia and I headed to the party. 

"Daniel?" my voice quivers as I walk up the stairs to the cabin. No one answers me and all I hear is the rustling of the trees and the bushes outside because of the wind. 

I turn on the light to the kitchen and as I am about to go into the bedroom, a hand covers my mouth. 

...❀❁❀...

Thank ya'll for reading!

-Trisgraceeverdeen