17

My eyes open and I moan at the soft kisses that I receive all over my face. Daniel places them on my forehead, my nose, my cheeks, my chin, and finally one big one on my lips.

"Daniel," I say groggily and sit up. He pulls away smiling at me and I smile back. He is wearing his sweatpants from last night and I am disappointed that the magical night we had is already over. Looking down I see that my clothes are back on my body as well. "Did you?" I question and he nods.

"Yes love," and he puts his hand on the side of my neck that he marked. He massages the soar skin, and I stare at him with love in my eyes. "You are mine," he smiles and I giggle at his possessive tone.

The sun is starting to come up and I know I will have to run back to the pack house quickly so no one will notice I am gone.

"I don't want to go," I whine and Daniel looks at me sadly.

"I know love."

"I want to runaway so badly."

"That sounds great and all, but I am pretty sure your brother Maximus will find us and kill me," Daniel blushes at us running away together, but cringes at the thought of Maximus finding us also.

"What did he tell you? In the nurse's office," I ask him. And Daniel looks away like I said something that burned him.

Oh my God my breath stinks!

"No love I don't smell a thing," Daniel says and I freeze immediately as he answers my thoughts. He looks back at me and sees my frozen expression. "What's wrong?"

Did I say something wrong?

I jump and my eyes go wide at the sound of his thoughts coming into my mind.

Why did she jump? Did I scare her? Oh fuck Daniel you must have done something stupid like you usually do?

I flinch at his harsh words to himself. "No baby, you didn't do anything wrong and you are not stupid," I answer his thoughts and he freezes just like I did. We stare at each other for a minute.

You can hear my thoughts?

Yes, I can hear them.

But how?

I don't know.

I shrug after answering him and he shakes his head like this is the most bizarre thing ever.

I need to research this.

He runs his hands through his hair and I nod.

"Um, I should head back," I tell Daniel. I start to stand up, but then almost fall by the pain that hits me in my core. Daniel catches me before I hit the ground.

So clumsy love.

"Shut up Daniel," I scoff and try to stand again this time knowing the pain is there.

"Do you need help?" he asks and I shake my head.

I think I will just walk in human form.

"That would be best," he responds and kisses me. He hands me the bag that I brought last night and kisses me slowly with his lips.

I love you so fucking much April.

I love you so much more Daniel.

Yeah right.

He rolls his eyes and we part ways.

...

Thankfully, I made it safely back to my room undetected. On the way back I could hear Daniel's thoughts from 5 miles away, but since our pack houses are 7 miles away the connection was lost. I fall on my bed and sigh looking at the ceiling to my room.

So now me and Daniel can read each other's mind. Is that because of our bond as mates and the only way to tune into it is if I was marked? I ask myself. Did my father have that with my mother? I ask another question. Does Mateo and his mate Kierra have that?

I don't have a certain answer, but I surely will find out.

...

"Good morning, " I greet everyone as I grab a bowl of cereal milk. I grab a spoon and sit at the table eating my food. After four scoops I stop and look up because no one has greeted me back. Maximus is sitting next to my father and both of them have anger in their eyes. I feel small as I stare at them and I look for Mateo who shakes his head in disappointment.

"What the fuck is that smell?" Maximus questions slowly while standing up. I feel like a child on trial and I am loosing my case before I even know the crime.

"Um what smell?" I ask him and I look at my father who is staring at me like he is going to rip something apart. Suddenly Maximus slams his fist onto the table making a dent.

"Don't bull shit with me April!" he growls and now I am shaking and the pain in my core starts to hurt badly because I know what they are talking about and tears run down my cheeks. I look away from them to see the members of the pack leaving me here not wanting to be in this war. Tiana throws me a look of concern and her mother pushes her to go. She mouths a "Sorry," to me and I sob loudly as she leaves me.

I look back at my brothers and father and sobs rack my whole body. They have never given me these looks and I even feel ashamed of myself for what I have done.

The anger, disappointment, fear, fustration, and most of all pain in their eyes makes me want to jump out of this flesh and run for the hills in search for a place to not be able to see these looks in their eyes.

"Daddy," I whimper out and he shakes his head at me.

"Go to your room," he says quietly.

"Please let me explain I-"

"NOW APRIL!" He yells at me and I feel the full force of his Alpha command on me. He has never used it on me and I run to my room obeying his orders. The sobs become more consistent now and I am trying to catch air in between each one that terrorizes my body.

But despite all of that I have deep fear for what is to come of my dear mate.

...❁❀...

OOOOH someones in trouble.

See ya'll in the next chapter!

Bye

-Trisgraceeverdeen