33

Luckily for Liam the charges were not actually taken into action. After what Officer Ryan had said to Zayn the sherrif decided not to act on the charges Trevor really wanted to press. So instead, they had brought Trevor in along with Louis and Harry to discuss the problem with the three of them.

"Harry owes me money." Trevor said, "I helped him get to where he is."

Harry rolled his eyes and kept his mouth shut. He was just going to let Trevor dig himself a hole because he knew the boy would eventually. In the time he and Trevor did hang out and sleep together, he found that Trevor was a very talkative person and once he got to talking way too much he could easily let shit come out of his mouth.

So that's what Harry was going to wait for.

His hand rested over Louis's on Louis's lap. He knew the younger boy was nervous and was going to stay calm so Louis stayed calm.

"If this is about Harry and Louis then why go over and threaten their friends?" Sheriff Todd asked, "You punched one of their friends who had nothing to do with it and expected us to press charges against the other. You went to their house, you threw the first punch and you said the racist remark. So if you look at it from my pont of view, Trevor you're the one who should be getting in trouble here."

"What!" He yelled, "That's bullshit! Harry just needs to give me what I deserve."

Sheriff Todd looked at Harry, "I've heard your side of the story. Are you sticking with it?"

"Yup. Liam was there with me back in those days and he can tell you the same thing."

Officer Todd sighed, "Look, I don't like racists. My son is mixed, my wife is a woman of color and any racism towards anyone pisses me right off, Trevor."

"That doesn't mean you can just dismiss the charges!" Trevor yelled, "Who cares if I said something racist!"

"I care!" Sheriff Todd shouted, slamming his hand on the table, "This is what's going to happen. Harry and Louis are going to walk out here and forget about the threat you gave them. Harry isn't going to pay you anything. Louis isn't going to do anything for you or with you. I will put a restraining order on you so you can't go anywhere near them or their friends. Trust me, Trevor, I will find out if you break it."

Trevor started cursing under his breath but the sherrif ignored him.

"Please apologize to your friends for me." Sheriff Todd spoke, "You two are free to go and have nothing to worry about. Trevor is going to be taken care of. Have a background check coming on him any hour now so there's nothing to worry about."

Trevor gulped.

Harry smiled because he knew Trevor's past. He never spoke of it because it wasn't his business but it was the reason he let himself drift away from Trevor. He didn't want to be caught up with his shit. It made him sad knowing that Louis probably had no idea what kind of person Trevor used to be all those years ago and even up to the time Trevor was with Louis.

But once they were out of the station and in their car, Harry forgot about it all. He squeezed Louis's hand who smiled at him.

"Shall we celebrate?" Harry asked.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well," Harry began, "we could pick up some pizzas and take them to my place. Invite your friends over. Or they could come over and I could cook out and we could do some late night swimming."

"I love the second option. I'll message them."

LouisTommo: pack your shit. you're all spending the night at harry's tonight. he's going to cook out and we're going to do some late night swimming.