Firecrackers

It's been a few weeks since my first day at Belleville. Gerard and his gang have done nothing but torture me; keeping a straight face through all of it helps.

Especially when it results in me seeing Gerard's stupid face with a look wondering, 'why the hell isn't anything working?' I took my seat in the back of the room, per usual. Waiting for punk boy to claim his seat in front of mine, and send a snide remark my way.

"Hey Y/n, what's up?" Brendon asked, walking towards me.

"Nothing much, you?"

"Same thing, has Gerard given up yet?" He asked.

"No, but I think he's running out of ideas. I've found a plastic spider in my locker twice this week." I laughed.

"What's even his deal with you?"

"I have no clue, honestly. I think he just hates me." I said.

"Hmmmm, I'm gonna go to my seat. Talk to you later, doll."

"Yeah, see ya later Bee." I said, just as the bell rang and Gerard trudged in.

"Hey angel face, you talking to Brendon now? I could've sworn I saw you talking to Pete just yesterday! Whore." He commented.

"It's not like I don't see you talking to new girls everyday." I shot back.

"At least I'm not just in it for the messy parts." He spat.

"You're an asshole."

"Yeah I know, and you're a pain in the ass," He insulted, "Also, I wouldn't open your locker after lunch if I were you." I scoffed.

"Oh I'm so scared, what's it gonna be this time, Way? Another spider? Rat boy? Please..." I laughed, "...I think you're running out of ideas."

"I am not! I'm leaving something extra special in there for you." He chuckled.

"Yeah sure, whatever bud." I rolled my eyes.

"You're on thin fucking ice, I swear to god I won't hesitate to throw hands." I chuckled. He hates it when I call him bud, ahahaha...

"Sure thing, bud," He looked as if he was about to explode. I just laughed, "Go ahead, hit me. I dare you."

Oh god what have I done!? What if he actually hits me? Ahhhhhh this was a bad idea! Abort mission! We need to get outta here!

But he didn't do anything, he just stared. It was as if he'd never been challenged before. He wasn't going to hit me. He couldn't hit me. It wasn't his thing to hit girls.

"I-I..." He looked to the floor and slowly turned around in his seat. Haha! I have defeated him! I am victorious!

After a few more minutes of nothing, the bell rang. Gerard tried to get my attention before I left, but I ignored him. I'm sure whatever he has to say is stupid anyways...

I got to my next class, smirking from my victory. Second and third period went by pretty quickly. I went off to lunch, alone as usual. I wonder what it feels like to get tazed... is it just a shock? Or does it hurt?

I brought my gaze to the tiles on the floor, I wonder if any of the tile patterns repeat... they're all spotted randomly, do they have matching ones elsewhere? I wonder-

"Hey doll face!" I turned and looked up to see Brendon walking towards me.

"Hey Bee, what's going on?"

"Nothing much, but I was kind of wondering..." He began, "... do you wanna eat lunch with me?"

"Sure," I smiled. He took my hand, but instead of leading me to the lunch room, we sat in a quiet hallway. No one else around. We had our backs against the lockers as he began to speak again.

"Have you heard about the snowball dance?"

"Yeah, I have." I smiled again, oh boy, I know where this is going...

"Have you been asked?" His pretty brown eyes met mine as I shook my head.

"Well, I was thinking maybe..." He looked to the floor, "...maybe we could go together. As a couple..." My smile widened.

"I'd love to." His eyes lit up as his wide smile matched mine.

"Oh yay! I can't wait, babe." I giggled at his excitement. For the rest of lunch, we talked about what we thought the dance would be like.

Lunch ended and I walked to my locker, my mind still on Brendon and the dance. I twisted the dial, and opened it. Forgetting Gerard's warning from earlier. I began to grab my things, when I heard a strange noise. What the hell!?

I began looking around my locker, that was when I found it. A firecracker!? Shit!

I shut the locker, just before it went off. I heard a pop as my things probably ended up being destroyed. I saw Gerard walking up to me.

"Did you like my surprise, pumpkin?" He asked, as I opened my locker again to pull out the fire cracker. He set his arm on the top of the locker. I decided to say nothing and instead, put my hand on his face as I walked away, closing my locker, "What the fuck!?" I heard him say. I just laughed as I walked to P.E.

The rest of the day was fairly boring. Gerard did his normal, everyday shenanigans up until the bell rang for us to go home.

Gerard's pov, after school

I was sitting with the gang on the outside bleachers, talking about nothing in particular. Until Frank spoke up.

"Y'know the snowball is coming up, are you planning on asking anyone?" Mikey and Ray shook their heads.

"Yeah, I'm going to ask Y/n."

"Good luck with that." He scoffed.

"What?"

"I heard she got asked by Brendon, and she said yes." I felt a tinge in my chest. I fell to the ground, on my knees.

"No!" I yelled to the sky, "Why? Why would she do this?"

"Because you're an actual ass to her!" Mikey spoke up, "You hid a god damn fire cracker, in her locker! You dumb ass!" He smacked the top of my head.

"I am not! I'm doing fine with her!" I defended.

"If you were really fine, you'd be the one going to the dance with her." I rolled my eyes.

"I've done everything to show I like her, and she hasn't done shit! Guys, we're going to that dance, and we're gonna go ham on her!" I yelled. Frank and Ray cheered, while Mikey just pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

"You're such a dumb ass..."

OwO-
Hewwo! Hewwo! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I've been working on it for awhile... definitely not put together in the span of an hour, no sir... I don't do that. Have a wonderful day~peace out cheesebags