The Snowball

I sat in a random classroom, waiting for my last day of detention to be over. Detention is a bitch...

"Hey pumpkin!" I turned around.

"What?" I asked, annoyance apparent in my voice.

"Haha, made you look," He smirked, smacking his minty gum. I turned back around, and set my head on the desk. I did all I could to ignore the boy behind me, "Angel face!" He waited a moment, "Pumpkin!" He waited again, "Sugar? Are you dead?"

"I will be." I murmured. Brendon was of no help. He sat next to me, yet it was as if I was non-existent. He was so focused on his phone, not bothered by anything.

"Look at me! Princess, look at meee!"

"Princess? That's new."

"Yeah, but look at me!" I groaned, finally giving in, "Haha, made you look." I rolled my eyes, setting my head back down. He is actually five!

"Hey, hey, hey! Look at me!" The teacher up front finally stood up, and let us leave. Gerard just followed Brendon and I. He walked next to me and began poking my face, "I got you, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke, poke..."

"Gerard?"

"Yes, miss angel face?" He kept poking.

"Can you not poke my face, please?"

"I'll think about it. Hmmmm, no!" He laughed. Brendon still had his eyes glued to his phone.

"Hey Bee? A little help here?" I tugged on his lavender hoodie.

"Yeah yeah, one second, doll," After a moment, he finally slid the device away, "Leave us the fuck alone! Go away!"

"I don't think I will!" He stuck his tongue out. It went on like this until I finally got home, the dance was in two days.

Those next two days were hell. Gerard shoved me into lockers, acted like a demented five year old, and did everything in his power to push me over the edge. But I stayed calm. Friday finally rolled around and I began to get ready.

I had Hayley come over, she helped with my hair and makeup as I did her. Once ready, I stood in the bathroom, admiring my dress, and the little things that made me feel good about myself. Tonight is going to be good... it'll be fun... I just have to ignore Gerard, and all will be well...

That's when, I heard a knock on the door. Brendon...

I rushed to the front door and opened it to see him with his hair all nice, his suit making him look amazing, and his smile was the most adorable thing.

"Hey baby girl, I got you some flowers." He brought his hands from behind his back to reveal a bouquet of roses. His face was just as red as they were.

"Aww thank you, bee bee." I took the flowers, just as my parents came over.

"Oh look how adorable!" My mom cried, pulling Brendon in and shutting the door, "You two are so cute! Pictures!" We both groaned. Hayley came out in a pretty plain black dress.

"My date's here, see you later losers!" I waved to her as she left. My mom probably took a hundred pictures before letting us leave.

"I am so sorry about all that. She always has to take so many pictures." I complained, walking out of the house.

"It's alright, my parents would do the same thin- Oh my god what happened to my car!?" I looked over to see it had been spray painted red with the words 'tramp' and 'loser' covering the normally black car, "My parents are gonna kill me!" He cried.