Family Affair

Knott's POV

"Tew, have you seen the notes I was studying last night," I ask, walking into Tew's dorm room and stop when I find it empty. Where is he?

Glancing about, I spot his backpack and frown when I also spy his phone. Walking over to it, I pick it up. I clench my teeth to keep myself from swearing. We hadn't had time to talk to the nongs about going back to the never-alone system. Pulling out my phone, I call Arthit.

"Hey," I say when he answers, "Does your nong know where mine is?" I listen to Arthit, call out to N'Kongop, and hear his answer. I smile, thinking how Arthit didn't even try to hide the fact that his boyfriend was with him. "I heard. Thanks."

Hanging up, I sit down on Tew's bed, sighing. Who else would know where Tew is? If N'Kongpop didn't, I doubt the others would. Hearing keys in the door, I stand up, waiting for Tew to come inside.

"Who are you?" The woman who walked in asks looking at me. That is my line. I want to say but don't.

"Sawasdee khrap," I say as I wai the stranger. The woman walks out the door, looks at something, and then walks back in.

"This is my son's dorm," the woman states, looking at me. Tew's mom. Oh shit! "Who are you?" My mind races as it tries to decide what I should say. His senior? His boyfriend?

"Mom?" Tew's voice says behind her, and both of us turn to look at him. "P'Knott?"

"P'Knott?" Tew's mom repeats, looking back at me, "Your my son's senior?"

Like a man grabbing at his last straw, I nod before I stutter out, "Y-Yes. I am his senior." Oh, holy hell. Why didn't I just leave when Tew wasn't here?

"Mom?" Tew says again with a tone. I frown at it. Tew is never rude. "Why are you here?" He looks down at a suitcase I hadn't noticed before, adding, "Does Dad know you are here?"

"No," Tew's mom huffs. I smile, thinking how much she looked like Tew right then.

"Why is your senior in your room?" Tew's mom asks, giving me a look. I am asking myself the same question. I have to wonder if my lost notes are worth all of this.

"Probably because he is my boyfriend," Tew answers as he walks over and drops the bag he has in hand on the table, making my jaw drop. I look from him back to his mom. I blush at the thorough going over I am getting from the woman. I fight the urge to cover myself with my hands.

"He is nothing like that West kid," Tew's mom hums, "Your taste has changed. For the better, it seems."

"Mom!" Tew shouts, "He is standing right there!" I nod, agreeing with that. "And don't bring up that other person. I have had enough of him this year!" The last makes Tew's mom frown.

"What do you mean this year?" Tew's mom walks over, making her son look at her. "It was two years ago."

"He showed up this year," I answer before I slap my hand over my mouth. She was talking to Tew, not me. Tew gives me a scathing look.

"You have met him?" She rounds on me. I nod before I remember that it is rude.

"Several times," I say, "I know of four times he has shown up." I frown at Tew because I know it has been more, but he won't tell me anything.

"Why?" Tew's mom asks her son.

"He wanted to get back together," Tew sighs, sitting down in a chair. "He is nuts."

"But you are dating him," Tew's mom says, pointing back at me. Tew smiles at me.

"Yes, and P'Knott has told Ai'West several times that he is my boyfriend, not him," Tew remarks, "P'Knott has even threatened bodily harm along with most of my friends." I have regretted not following up on those threats.