Alone

Prem's POV

"Do you have everything?" I ask, looking at the bags on the bed. "We don't know how long we will have to be there."

"You know you don't have to go," Wad sighs, "You are going to miss class."

We have had this argument almost every day since the court date was announced in some way or another. I don't know why Wad is so adamant about this. It is not like there could be anything new for me to hear, and if he is concerned about me missing school, I got that taken care of with my advisor. It was actually pretty easy. All I had to do was mention that bastard's name. Wad might not be happy I am going, but there is no way I would let him do this alone, and he knows it.

"Are we going to go over this again?" I turn to look at him. "I thought I made it pretty clear that I was going. I talked to my professors, and they have given me permission to go."

"I know," Wad mumbles, "I just... I don't know Prem. I hate this. Why do I have to go? I told them everything already. How many times am I going to have to relive this?"

"This will be the last time," I say, walking over and hugging him. "After this, it will just be the past." I can feel him take a ragged breath as he begins to cry. As much as I hate this, I want him to finish this. P'Dean needs to be punished. It is time to leave this moment behind. I stand there, letting him cry. When he steps back, I wipe his cheeks.

"Better?" I ask. I want to point out to him that this is why I am going, but I don't.

"As if," Wad says with a watery chuckle. "Let's get going, or we are going to miss the bus."

"Is your mom going to pick us up at the station?" I ask, picking up our bags.

"No," Wad answers, holding out a hand for his bag. "The shop won't be closed yet. Give me my bag. I can carry it." I slap his hand away and grin. I love it when he pouts like that.

"And I can carry it, too," I tell him as I walk to the door opening it. "After you," I say, smiling at him. Wad walks by, dropping a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you," Wad mumbles as we walk out the door.

"Anytime," I grin.

"Goof," Wad laughs.

"Only for you," I tell him, locking the door.

Wad and I take a tuk-tuk from the station to his mom's house

Wad and I take a tuk-tuk from the station to his mom's house. Dropping the bags on the floor by Wad's bed, I stretch before I sit down. The trip down was long and uncomfortable.

"Mom says she will be here soon," Wad informs me leaning against the door frame looking at his phone. "She wanted to know if we were hungry."

"I would hate to make her cook after she worked all day in the shop. Maybe we could go out to eat?" I suggest as my phone goes off. Taking out the phone, I frown, seeing it is my mom. "Hello, Mom? Here? Why are you here?" I look at Wad. "Ok. We will meet you there once Wad's mom gets here. Love you, too. Bye."