Five

Olivia's POV:

"She tried killing you and Scott?" She asks me and I nod, too ashamed to even speak.

I had driven us to the hilltop from when we held Jackson captive last time since she wanted to talk in private and was too shaken up to drive us.

"Why didn't Scott tell me? Why didn't you tell me?" She asks and she wipes her eyes.

"I was scared." I fiddle with my fingers. "How could I tell someone that their mom, who passed away, tried to kill me? I couldn't let your last memory of her be bad."

"I know she wasn't that best person out there, but...I just wish she didn't do what she did." She mumbles and looks out the window. "I don't know whether to be mad at her or feel upset that she's gone."

"You have every right to grieve. She's still your mom." I give a small smile. "Derek's just an asshole who wanted to have the last word."

"But some of the stuff--"

"It doesn't matter. What matters is how you're going to move on from it." I nudge her shoulder. "And knowing you, you want to still help so what's the plan?"

She gives a small smile and reaches to open the glove compartment. She pulls out a silver arrowhead which gleams from the small light the moon emitted.

"We're gonna catch them."

I start the car again and start driving back to where we drove in from. May I add, took awhile since I didn't exactly remember which way the road was.

"You see that?" She pointed at the small orange light that was coming up.

"Yeah. Should we go?" I say and she nods.

"It'll be a good start."

As we got closer, it became clearer that it was a campsite but with two girls a couple of feet away from each other. One was breathing heavily while the other slowly backed away.

Cora.

I press on the gas. "Brace yourself!" I shout and Allison covers her face.

Cora turns her head, showing her canines as soon as she saw us. I slam the car into her then she rolls across the floor and crashes into the tree.

"Check on the girl!" I order as Allison grabs her bow from the backseat. I scramble out of the car, but then see Cora push herself up from the ground.

"Cora, you have to remember me," I call out as she takes several steps towards me. "We were friends!"

She kicks me back, sending me to roll across the leaves on the ground. I grunt but painfully push myself off the floor.

"Remember on picture day when Sofia stuck gum in my hair as soon as it was my turn? To make sure I wasn't alone, you chewed a piece of gum and stuck it in your hair so we could act as if we matched on purpose." I continue as she walks closer to me. "She was one of those people who made us feel less about ourselves, but you made sure that she wouldn't mess with me again."

She extends her claws and takes several more steps towards me.

"Olivia, get out of there!" Allison yells out as she aims an arrow to her.

"Cora, please." I plead, but she swiftly slashes her claws on my leg, making me stumble so she could hold me to the floor. She lifts her hand in the air, almost ready to rip my throat out.

"Remember that night at my house when I knew I could trust you?" She stops her movements, leaving her hand up in the air still. "That was the night I came out to you. I-I told you that I trusted you more than anyone since you were my best friend."