Prologue

FAST FORWARD TO THREE MONTHS

Olivia's POV:

I slip my jacket on as I went down the stairs, clutching onto the Hasselblad camera to film. "Mom, I'm going out with Stiles and Scott!"

She turns away from the TV and looks to me with a skeptical expression. "Are you sure you're ready to?"

I lightly chuckle. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know, the whole supernatural thing."

I roll my eyes. "Mom, that happened months ago and it seems like everything is normal to me. Pretty sure it's a one-time thing."

She sits up from the couch and walks over to me, placing her hands on my shoulders. "I was talking about when you were in Miami."

Feelings of anger and sadness from that time began to rush in which definitely didn't go unnoticed from my mom since she gave me a pointed look.

You see, the only reason I came back to Beacon Hills....well it wasn't exactly optional. It was more of 'in the heat of the moment' sort of thing.

FLASHBACK TO TWO MONTHS AGO

"Yes Aunt Elizabeth, Olivia is behaving just fine." My cousin, Andrea, laughs as she hands me a cup of coffee. "She has to follow my footsteps since I'm the good child, remember?"

I roll my eyes with a fake smile. "Do you want me to tell your mom about the getaway we had when I still lived here?"

Her eyes widen then she clears her throat. "You know, Aunt Liz, I mess up sometimes too so Olivia is the better example. I should go so...yeah bye." She hands me my phone back and smacks my arm. "I hate you."

"Love ya too, Andy." I take a sip of the coffee and continue reading the bestiary.

She groaned and plopped on the chair next to me. "You've been sitting here every day ever since you got here. When are we gonna have some real fun?" She nudges my side. "I haven't seen you ever since you and your mom moved! Update me on something!"

 "I haven't seen you ever since you and your mom moved! Update me on something!"

I shake my head. "Let's just say it's not your typical city."

"Come on, really? Any cute guy friends you could introduce me to?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"You're annoying," I mutter and continue reading the bestiary. "The only thing you could be helping me on is looking for sources about finding my dad, also known as the reason why I'm here in the first place," I say with a bit of sarcasm.

"Okay well, we already went down through the list of people with the name 'Thomas Jimenez' and now we have one left." She pulls out her laptop to show her notes and another tab that had a map of Florida. "Since his side of the family doesn't exactly talk to him anymore, this makes things extremely harder. This could be him but I don't want to bring your hopes up if we don't find him. Are you sure he doesn't have a middle name?"

"I don't care, it has to be him." I highlight another potential creature I could be and put down the bestiary. "Where is he?"

And with that, Andrea and I got in her car and sped over to his house that was only two hours away from here.

If I'm being honest, I was slightly nervous. I haven't seen him since I was a three so what was I supposed to say to him? Was I supposed to be angry? Should I understand why he had to leave?

"Olivia," I turn and see Andrea give me a look of sympathy. "you sure you want to do this?"

I gesture to the house we parked by. "Do you think I would've agreed to the two-hour trip we just took?"

She rolls her eyes and both of us unbuckle our seat belts then step out of the vehicle.

We both walk closer to the house but from where we stood, I could clearly see my dad talking to someone in the kitchen before leaning in to kiss her.

Andrea breaks me out of my stares as soon as she knocks on the door.

"We should leave." I grab her arm. "This was a mistake."

"Olivia, what's wrong?"

Before I could say anything else, the door swings open, revealing another brunette girl around our age who had tan skin with fair brown eyes, wearing a confused expression on her face.

Oh, you've got to be kidding me. He had another daughter?

"Uh...can I help you?" She asks and I feel Andrea tug at my arm.

"Liv, let's go." She whispers but it was as if my feet were glued to the ground.

"W-Who are you?" I shakily ask, never tearing my eyes away from the girl.

"Uh..." She warily trails.

"Honey, who's at the door?" My, well...our dad, calls out from inside.

"Liv, let's go. Now." Andrea demands, tugging my arm hard enough so I would take a step back. "Sorry for bothering you, we thought it was a friend's house!"

"A-Andrea," I whisper but she quickly ushers me to the car before she got into the driver's seat. "h-he had. H-He--"

She turns on the ignition but grabs ahold of my hand. "Olivia,"

"H-He used an excuse about me not being normal and left my mom and I." She squeezes my hand in comfort. "My dad had an affair...the whole time."

"I'm so sorry, Olivia. Do you want me to call your mom or...?"

"No." I shake my head. "I-I want to stay...but I want to go back in a month.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Your cousin, Andrea, I asked her if anything happened but she said you would be the one to tell me." She gives a small smile. "So what happened?"

Sounds of a horn blared from outside and I already knew it was from Stiles' jeep.

I clear my throat. "I gotta go. I promise I won't be out too late." I grab my keys from the hook nearby and give her a quick hug before I went out the door. "Love you!"

I shut the door behind me and see Scott roll down his window with a smile while Stiles did a small wave.

I get inside the jeep and both boys turn to me with smirks on their faces.

"So...did you bring a souvenir for us from Florida?"