Twenty-eight

Olivia's POV:

My eyes shot open and immediately I burst out of the water, gasping for air as I frantically look around my surroundings, seeing that I was no longer in the clinic but a white room.

I was met with blinding white lights which causes me to rub my eyes to adjust my vision

I was met with blinding white lights which causes me to rub my eyes to adjust my vision. The weird thing was the water didn't feel cold to me anymore. I was just...there.

I turn to see Scott already pushing himself up to get out of the tub so Stiles and I copy his actions.

I carefully step out of the tub, looking around at what seemed like the never-ending ceiling lights above us.

You would think there would be some sort of guide to show us where to go.

I felt this sudden urge to turn around, which causes me to listen to my gut feeling, only to see a tree stump that seemed like it was far away.

I turn to look at Scott and Stiles to see if they see it too, but it didn't take long to confirm my suspicious since they both start to take a couple steps forward to the tree stump.

I hesitantly take several steps forward as well, despite the fact I had no idea where it would lead us.

Once the three of us got close to the tree stump, Scott lifts up his sleeve and looks down at his tattoo, as if he compared the circles on the stump to his tattoo. He extends his hand to place the palm of his hand on top of the stump.

It felt like my hand had a mind of its own and it moved forward to press my hand against the stump, causing my vision to turn white.

I stumble forward and the surroundings around me changed, showing that I was in the woods.

"Mom, we should be finishing packing. Not going on a hike." I hear my voice nearby and I walk towards the sound.

"It's good exercise, hun. Besides, it's been a while since we last hung out."

This was when we first got to Beacon Hills.

My past self had rolled her eyes playfully as she and my mom happily walked along the trail. "That's because you were your boss's assistant when you were just supposed to be the receptionist. She basically abused your work hours so much that I barely saw you."