Twenty

Olivia's POV:

After I left Allison's place, Scott told me to meet up with everyone else at the clinic since Stiles found something to do with currents in Danny's essay.

"Okay, what does this kid's homework got to do with finding Deaton?" Cora asks as Scott looks through the papers Stiles had gotten from Danny's backpack.

"It's not just homework. It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the Earth, they can even be affected by lunar phases." He flips to the title page, pointing at the note Mr. Harris wrote. "Now read that."

"I strongly advise you to choose another subject

"I strongly advise you to choose another subject. The idea's here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class." I read off the page.

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice, he knew something," Scott's eyes widen in realization.

"Now check this out. Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, Danny had one too." Stiles pulls out a map and unfolds it on the table while Scott places the printed pictures I took on the table. "Danny marked all the telluric currents. Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it's actually a beacon. You wouldn't believe how much energy is flowing through the Earth around this town."

"Stiles look, they match," Scott gestured to the red and blue lines and grabs the pen from his hands. "There are three places. Where they were kidnapped and where the body was found." He says as he circled the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic and Oakwood Road.

Lydia points to one of the spots. "That's right on the telluric current."

"So maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between," I say and grab the pen from Scott's hand. "Since there are six more bodies to be found, Deaton being one of them, it has to be in the middle." I say as I mark an 'x' on the clinic.

I was about to move the pen but Cora covers my hand. "Stop." She says, holding my hand down from moving. She moves it to the bank vault we had found her, Boyd, and Erica in. "He's in the vault. He's in the same vault."

Lydia and Stiles quickly gather the papers together and we were ready to go save Deaton. Scott was in front of us and--

"Guys hold on," Lydia calls out, making all of us stop in our tracks.

"Lydia, we don't have time." Scott tries to say but then I notice the worried look on Cora's face.

"It's Boyd. The plan didn't work." Cora says as she holds her phone in her hands. "They cut the power."