Project GODS: Prologue

Hi! Its me again! I posted this story once before, but I was incredibly dissapointed in myself so I took it down and tried again. Please tell me what you think and vote if it's good enough. Constructive critizism is appreciated! ~Zanintia

---------------------------

Dr. Jacob Meizack

I worked for the Garland Order of Defensive Science, or GODS. We were supposedly working for the United States Government.

It was only a pseudonym to hide our genuine activities.

Our supposed plan was to genetically engineer the perfect agent for the Government of the United States. Our real plan was to genetically engineer the perfect weapon for our own use. Unfortunately, I was an intern at the time and unworthy of this knowledge.

George Garland was our founder. He was power hungry, thirsty for it like a dying man in a desert. He wanted world domination, and the most logical way to do that was through science. His idea was to gather a group of people and have them create the worst predator that could exist: Something that walked, talked, looked, and acted like a human being. Something that could blend in and be completely unsuspecting until the moment of the kill.

The answer to that was unclear at first, because we weren't sure where to begin.

We started with Robots. They were already breaking through, and covering them with a human appearance would have been perfect.

They were a failure in every way possible.

Soon after creation, we realized that without free will of at least a small bit, they were useless.

They did nothing on their own, and needed us to command them to do even small things like pointing at the right color. When we tried to evolve them, they started to turn against us, convinced they could think for themselves. They were all destroyed before the problem could escalate.

Robots did not succeed. We went back to square one.

GODS developed a DNA strand, superhuman and completely unique.

Mice and Rats were the beginning. The strand worked, creating a superrace. So we graduated to cats, then to dogs, and so on until we got to chimpanzees, the first cousins of the human being.

The DNA worked on them as well. It was a complete success. The chimpanzees responded to our every command, obeyed our every wish. It was a dream come true. All that was left was to take it to the next and final step.

Human beings.

We artificially inseminated three different male embryos. They were injected with the DNA and grew quickly into three young men that were completely under our control. Best of all, they were superbeings.

All were faster, stronger, smarter, and sharper than all average humans by about fifteen times the normal numbers. Perfect vision, hearing, and all other senses. Five Gods, as we started to call them, could take on a thousand men. Fifty of them could take on an entire army and win.

The first three were named after the three Greek brothers; Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. They all had vague personalities and fierce loyalty to GODS.

Our experiment was a success, so we began to test out other theories. Seven scientists were chosen and given a name. They were then allowed to do what they wished, within reason. A pattern was created.

Every creation was given a personality to match its name. For example, Demeter had a love for and vast knowledge of plants. Hephaestus could create weapons of every kind, and could solve any type of mechanical equation.

It was when we created the last four there was a problem. Apollo, Artemis, Ares, and Athena. The A-Team, we called them jokingly. They were going to be our best, the greatest of our creations. Logically, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades should have been our best, and in a way they were. They were our pioneers, the beginning of our creations. But fortunately, the newer ones get better instead of weaker.

Only a few months after the A-Team was engineered, Mr. Garland wanted to come down and see. After months of good progress reports, he had to see for himself.

He was sorely disappointed.

We couldn't understand his reason, but he watched them train. Nothing could please him. Not Ares's brutal strength, Artemis's ferocity, nor Athena's cunning. Nothing was good enough for him.

"Not enough Drive," He said, extinguishing his cigar. His tobacco stained teeth twisted into a leer at Jones, the head of our mission. "They don't feel enough passion for what they do. They aren't fierce enough," He said.

"Sir, we are doing everything we can, and they are all at the peak of their-"

"Make them fiercer. I want that predatory instinct. I need them ruthless. These dolls aren't good enough."

"Sir-"

"You have a month."

And without saying anything else, he got into his private jet and left the scientists to scramble.

The only thing we seemed to be able to do was develop something special.

It was Garcia that came up with it.

James Garcia was experimenting in one of the private labs, and stumbled upon a chemical mix of hormones. He discovered a whole new chemical that we named Chemical Primeval.

Why?

Because it awoke the primitive sense in the back of the human brain, making them more predatory and vicious.

We only planned to give each of them small doses. We only wanted them to have just enough to wake that small part of their brain.

Then everything went wrong.

Someone just put a little too much in. Because of some of the other chemicals we were using to stabilize the environment, everything went wrong.

I remember watching from a plate-glass observatory room, over a sophisticated video program we had developed. I watched them combine the chemicals, and two seconds before it happened I saw that the chemical they put into the Primeval was a light green color.

I had studied that chemical for months before we tested it, and I remembered distinctly that it had no color to it.

Before I could stop Dr. Smith and Dr. Reed, a blinding light filled the room, and then it was dark.

The explosion destroyed the entire building, and most of the human beings in or near it were killed. The gas in the air made it difficult to breathe, and for hours afterword there was nothing but silence from their phone, internet, and video lines.

That's where this story begins.