25.

Alanna Jamison
August 26th, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia

It's okay, Chris is fine he's just having one of those moments

It's okay, Chris is fine he's just having one of those moments. Everyone was mad at him and he felt like he needed some space. He's just clearing his mind that's all. I told myself as I pulled up in his driveway.

I decided it would be smart to come see what Trina might possibly know. We texted a few times but there's things body language tells that texting doesn't.

My phone chimed as I placed my shades on my face preparing to get out the car. I checked it seeing it was a text from August.

"Don't try to solve shit yoself, you and Riya need to leave this to the men."

I rolled my eyes at the message just locking the screen and removing my keys from the ignition. I looked over at Riya who was stuck in a daze.

She was playing with her necklace shifting the pendant side to side. I grabbed her hand stopping her and snapping her to reality. "You know he's gonna be okay right?" I spoke

Her eyes began to fill with tears as she shook her head no slightly " I don't, I really don't Lanna." She said fighting off tears as she wiped the ones already racing down her cheeks.

"It is, don't think anything negative. In this situation we have to stay strong and pray for the best. We're going to find them don't worry Riya." I reassured her

She nodded and pulled the visor down looking in the mirror to fix herself up.

She dabbed under her eyes with a napkin "It's just it's always been me and my brother, ever since I was born I've been tied to Von's hip. Losing him would make this a completely different world to me."

It breaks my heart seeing her like this, yes I know I should be acting the same way right now. Trust me I will, but right now in this moment my friend needs me. Her blood brother life is on the line, Chris is just someone who made his way back into my life recently. I can't be selfish and make this about me.

On the other hand I'm scared out of my mind because this whole situation could leave my child without a father. I know that's how it was before but before she didn't know him, now she's obsessed with him. I'd hate to see her lose that bond so soon.

I looked off into the road while she got herself back together.

It's a lot of cars out here today, normally his street is empty. It's a higher up neighborhood so everyone has plenty of driveway space usually.

"Ready?" She asked looking at me faking a smile closing the mirror

I furrowed my eyebrows noticing one of the cars windows weren't tinted in the back. Luckily I just got my new contacts and could see there was someone sitting in the car.

"Uhh, yea I am but hey you don't think it's odd to see all these cars on the road?" I asked unbuckling my seat belt

She looked around examining them and shrugged
"Maybe someone is having a party, or something." She suggested