3

They were out of the apartment in five minutes and left for police station. After reaching there, they were met by a young officer, Jeon Jungkook. Officer Jeon talked to them, one-by-one, taking in the information. Tae and Jimin both told him everything about last night.

"Are there any surveillance cameras in the corridors?" Officer Jeon asked, when all three of them were sitting across him.

Tae denied, but Jimin said, "From what I know, there aren't any cameras in corridors but there's one at the entrance of the apartments." Officer Jeon nodded.

"So, we are done, here. I'm going to accompany you with this case. And try to stick together and low." Officer Jeon said, pointing at Taehyung and Jimin.

After they left, Jungkook got up to report the case to the Chief Min Yoongi. He knocked two times at the Chief's door and entered when allowed. Jungkook gave the report but as soon as Yoongi read a name, he stopped abruptly.

"Is Kim Taehyung, the victim?"

"No, Sir. The victim is Jimin."

Yoongi felt a lot relieved. It's been two years he heard this name. Jungkook saw the Chief, worried.

"Sir, have you heard this name before?" Jungkook asked. Yoongi nodded and pulled out a file out of the last drawer of his table. The file was marked as confidential with Kim Taehyung's name written in bold. Yoongi motioned Jungkook to read that file.
~
After dropping Minhyun at Jaehwan's place, Tae and Jimin walked to their apartment. "Taehyung, why were you nervous when sitting at the station? You were fidgeting, madly." Jimin asked, Tae looked up at him.

"I don't know, Jimin. I think... It's starting again." Tae replied, again fidgeting. Jimin didn't say anything, he slipped his hand into Tae's. It has been a long day and Jimin didn't want to make it any longer.

When they reached the apartment, Tae saw a familiar figure standing there. "Officer Min" Tae said, towards the man.

"Taehyung.... Kim Taehyung." Yoongi said. Tae tightened his grip at Jimin's hand. The atmosphere was getting tensed now, Jimin thought.

"Can we talk inside?" Yoongi asked.

Once inside Taehyung's apartment, he sat down at dining pulling Jimin with him.

"We can talk here." Tae motioned for Officer Min to sit.

"What's that you're here for?Again to accuse me?" Tae asked, glaring at Yoongi.

"Hey, Taehyung, calm down. I'm not here to accuse you. And you're the victim, Jimin, right?" Yoongi asked, looking at Jimin. Jimin nodded.

"So,what if he is?" Tae hissed, he was unknowningly getting over-protective of Jimin. Jimin lightly squeezed his hand. Tae glanced down at their hands, held tight, sitting on his lap.

"Hey, just calm down. I'm not here to pick a fight with you... I'm just here to warn you... about him." Officer Min looked at Taehyung. " I'm afraid he was behind the attack last night." Taehyung's face was expressionless.

"How can it be? He's in prison, right?" Taehyung asked, more like whispered.

"That's what I'm warning you about. He was released about a month ago. When Jungkook gave me the report, I thought maybe it was another Kim Taehyung, not you. Now, I just want you to be careful." Yoongi said, getting up.

"I'll try to be careful." Tae said, still sitting, blankly.

"I'm going to go" Yoongi said and Jimin got up to close the door. When he returned, he saw Tae had his head held between his hands. He brought a glass of water from the kitchen and placed it in front of Taehyung.

"Hey, Tae. Drink it up."

"I don't want to...I don't want to!!" Tae was repeatedly saying this.

"Just drink this and go to sleep." Jimin forced a little. Tae moved slowly and drank the water. Jimin took Tae's hand and helped him to get to his bed to sleep. After few minutes, Tae was fast asleep, Jimin pulled blanket on him. Tae was still holding Jimin's hand and was mumbling, "Don't go... Don't do that... Don't leave me...please.." Jimin couldn't bear this side of Taehyung and sat down beside the bed, next to him

"Shh...sleep. I'm right here." Jimin said, patting Tae's head.