8. Back To School

Y/N's POV

There was a definite gloom in the air when I awoke the day I was due back at Hogwarts. Heavy rain was splattering against the window as I got dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt. My parents would be accompanying me and Issac to the station, something that I was very grateful for since they always had work and always seemed to have something urgent the day I was going back to school.

My parents, Issac and I would be going separately and meet up with the others at the platform. We were all inside a Muggle car and my father was driving, technically, his wand was since he was casting some spell for the car to drive automatically. We managed to get to King's Cross and the rain was coming down harder than ever, we got soaked carrying our trunks across the busy road and into the station.

I was used to getting onto platform nine and three-quarters by now. It was a simple matter of walking straight through the apparently solid barrier dividing platforms nine and ten. The only tricky part was doing this in a subtle way, to avoid attracting Muggle attention. Me and Issac were used to this and just casually waited till everyone was looking somewhere and passed the barrier.

The Hogwarts Express was already there, clouds of steam billowing from it, through which the many Hogwarts students and parents on the platform appeared. We met up with the others and me, Harry, Ron, and Hermione set off to find seats, and were soon stowing our luggage in a compartment halfway along the train. We then hopped back down onto the platform to say goodbye to everyone. My parents pulled me away gently and my dad handed me a package.

"This is for a special occasion." my dad said with a wink.

"What's happening?" I asked curiously.

"You'll find out soon, I think you'll be seeing a lot more of us this year." my mother smiled before saying goodbye to me, and then Issac.

I made my way over to the Weasleys who were having a conversation about the same thing my parents were going on about.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," said Charlie, grinning, as he hugged Ginny goodbye.

"Why?" said Fred keenly.

"You'll see," said Charlie, "just don't tell Percy I mentioned it...it's 'classified information, until such time as the Ministry sees fit to release it,' after all."

"Yeah, I sort of wish I were back at Hogwarts this year," said Bill, hands in his pockets, looking almost sadly at the train.

"Why?" said George impatiently.

"You're going to have an interesting year," said Bill, his eyes twinkling, "I might even get time off to come and watch a bit of it."

"A bit of what?" said Ron.

But at that moment, the whistle blew, and Mrs Weasley started ushering us to the train,

"Thanks for having us to stay, Mrs Weasley," said Hermione as we climbed on board, closed the door, and leaned out of the window to talk to her.

"Yeah, thanks for everything, Mrs Weasley," me and Harry chorused.

"Oh it was my pleasure, dears," said Mrs Weasley, "I'd invite you for Christmas, but...well, I expect you're all going to want to stay at Hogwarts, what with...one thing and another."

"Mum!" said Ron irritably. "What d'you know that we don't?"

"You'll find out this evening, I expect," said Mrs. Weasley, smiling, "it's going to be very exciting, mind you, I'm very glad they've changed the rules-"

"What rules?" said Harry, Ron, Fred, and George together.

"I'm sure Professor Dumbledore will tell you. Now, behave, won't you? Won't you, Fred? And you, George?"