24. Father And Son

Y/N's POV

Walking to Hogsmeade was not eventful at all. It was just me watching everyone with their friends going into Honeydukes or the Three Broomsticks. I made my way over to where Sirius had told us to meet him and could hear voices in the distance. Climbing over rocky terrain, I came to where Sirius and the others were and waited in the background.

Many minutes had passed and finally, the other three were leaving, I had almost lost Sirius as he transformed back into a dog but I managed to catch his attention quickly by whistling, lucky for me, the others were out of earshot. Jogging over, I petted the dog before he transformed back into my father and then giving him a hug.

"So, you and Hermione huh?" said Sirius with a cheeky grin. Obviously Harry had told him about our little feud.

"Shut up." I said before giving him another bag of food, his eyes widened. "Too many people spoiling you today Padfoot?"

He nodded, we then proceeded to sit by the rocks and talk. At first we spoke about the tournament, and then my non-existent love life and then I asked you the burning question that I've had since last year.

"W-why did you attack me?" I asked, almost stuttering over my words.

Sirius sighed before looking down at the ground, ashamed. "My emotions took over me, I saw too much of her...then I saw him. It ashamed me that I had let my son be blood related to someone as cruel as him."

"You mean Voldemort?" I asked, Sirius nodded.

"You look like your mother." Sirius sighed, "You have her E/C eyes."

"Who is she?" I asked, referring to my mother.

"Her name is Marissa. She was Voldemort's only daughter and I loved her. At first she didn't love me back since our families wanted us to marry to keep the Pure-blood line going. But then we slowly loved each other and once they found out of our affiliations to the less-liked Pure-bloods, Half-bloods and even Muggle-borns, they disowned the both of us." Sirius said, starting to explain.

"Voldemort had a child?" I asked, eyes wide.

Sirius nodded. "He felt no love but wanted a child to teach his sick and twisted ways so he got someone the be the mother of his heir. Once Marissa learnt about what her father was doing she wanted no part and ran away with me. Then she had you. Voldemort knew about you and wanted to track you down and bring you over to his side but that was the last thing we wanted. Marissa and I tried to find some parents for you, since we were both in trouble at that time. We chose Steven and Joyce since we trusted them and Marissa placed a protection spell so Voldemort couldn't get to you while you were still vulnerable." Sirius' voice started breaking. "T-then, all that stuff with James, Lily and Peter happened and I got sent away."

I gave Sirius a comforting half hug whilst he continued, it felt good to be in his presence, to be in my real father's presence. "Voldemort obviously heard and tried to convince Marissa to come back to him, that I was a mistake. She didn't go back to him and...and...he killed her." Sirius started sobbing.

"Padfoot, it's ok." I said, looking at him. My eyes were watery from his story. It only fuelled my hate for Voldemort more. I remembered those voices I heard with the Dementors, Marissa must've died protecting me and somehow prevented Voldemort from taking me. "It isn't your fault."

"But it is!" exclaimed Sirius. "If I never told them to switch to Peter they would still be alive and I wouldn't of had to go to Azkaban and Marissa wouldn't of died!"

I looked at him. "You can't control those things, you didn't know that Peter was going to betray them."

Sirius sighed. "Enough about my sob story, how are you?"

I sighed. "This whole tournament thing is stressful but I think I can win."

Sirius nodded. "Harry told me about what happened. The Skeeter woman's article."

I sighed. "Yeah, I never thought he would try steal her away from me. He knows how much I like her."

"I don't think he's out to steal her, the Skeeter woman just likes to exaggerate things." replied Sirius.

I nodded.

"You know what's going to happen though right?" asked Sirius and I shook my head. "All the supporters of Harry are going to come and you and Hermione. Even though Rita Skeeter portrayed you in a positive way, Harry's fans are still going to be mad at you for getting in the way of him and Hermione. You also better be ready to comfort Hermione when she gets all that hate because it's inevitable."

I sighed. "Thanks for letting me know." I looked at my watch and it was almost time for all students to return back to the castle. "I have to go now Padfoot but it was nice speaking to you, I mean. Like just the two of us."

Sirius smiled and ruffled my hair. "Father-son time right?"

I smiled and waved him goodbye before setting back off to where all the carriages back to castle would be.

The next morning, I woke up and headed down to breakfast alone. As I sat down I noticed that owls were coming and quite a fair amount of letters were delivered to me and Hermione, who had decided to sit with me rather than the other two. I grimaced as I realised that Sirius was right, not wanting to delay the inevitable any longer, I opened the first letter.

HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU CAN STEAL THE CHOSEN ONE'S LOVE FROM HIM?! YOU'RE JUST AN AVERAGE WIZARD AND YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE GREAT HARRY POTTER

I chuckled to myself, Harry's fans were really intense. The rest of the letters were pretty much the same and it made my laugh how invested grown women and men were in a fourteen year olds love life. Pretty creepy if you ask me. Part of me was thankful that I wasn't as famous as Harry since I would not want anyone to be intrusive on my own personal life.

I turned to Hermione and she showed me her letters:

You are a wicked girl. Harry Potter deserves better. Go back to where you came from Muggle

I clenched my fists. "If I ever find out who sent this." I said through gritted teeth whilst Hermione grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly to reassure me.

Another one said:

Harry Potter can do much better than the likes of you...You deserve to be boiled in frog spawn...

"Ouch." said Hermione before she opened another letter.

Yellowish-green liquid smelling strongly of petrol gushed over her hands, which began toerupt in large yellow boils. "Undiluted bubotuber pus!" I exclaimed, picking up the envelope and sniffing it.

"Ow!" said Hermione, tears starting in her eyes as she tried to rub the pus off her hands with a napkin, but her fingers were now so thickly covered in painful sores that it looked as though she were wearing a pair of thick, knobbly gloves.

"You better go to the hospital wing." I suggested, I helped her up and we made our way out, I managed to overhear one of Harry's letters.

"I read in Witch Weekly about how you are being played, you have had enough hardship and I will be sending her a curse by next post as soon as I can find a big enough envelope." Harry read out, causing me to internally curse at everyone who had caused Hermione so much pain.

It really does suck to be on the bad side of Harry's fans.