16. Rita Skeeter

Y/N's POV

After me and Harry's disagreement, I was avoiding him. Instead, I was formulating my plan to get a good reputation in school. My brother had managed to speak to Cedric, who was devastated that he didn't get the title of Triwizard Champion. Indeed the Hufflepuffs thought me and Harry stole that from Cedric but luckily, with a few conversations, they weren't as annoyed as before.

My parents had been informed that I was Hogwarts' Triwizard champion, their reaction was confusing, I thought that they were going to be annoyed thinking that I had somehow found a way to enter but they believed me when I said that I didn't enter. They didn't seem as concerned, maybe as Aurors they would be at school to monitor the whole tournament.

Today was like a press day, the weighing of the wands was today and so were the photographs and interviews. I was trying to figure out what kind of personality I was trying to go for as public opinion would matter in this tournament. This tournament was a big deal and I was desperate to prove Harry wrong.

Just before Potions, I was walking with Hermione when I saw Malfoy walk up to Harry with a badge that read 'POTTER STINKS'. I sighed thankfully, Issac must've persuaded the Slytherins not to come at me. Me and Hermione were trying to walk past Harry and Malfoy to avoid any confrontation but Malfoy saw me.

"Like the badges L/N?" Malfoy asked.

I smirked. "Quality Malfoy, we all know I would be the better champion. At least better than Potter over here."

Hermione looked at me in shock and Harry's face was filled with a mixture of sadness and anger. I ignored their looks though, I was on a mission to prove myself and nothing was getting in my way.

An almost triumphant smile reached Malfoy's face, if I wanted to have a good reputation I would have to at least be civil to Malfoy. "Yeah, I prefer L/N to Potter, at least he's a Pure-blood."

I smiled slightly to Malfoy before walking away, motioning for Hermione to follow me. She followed, but she was confused and bombarded me with questions as soon as Malfoy and Harry couldn't be seen anymore. I merely explained to her that it was all to prove myself, I don't think she expected me to take this whole thing so seriously and neither did I.

In Potions, I was sitting next to Hermione whilst making notes. Some time into the lesson, there was a feeble knock on the door.

It was Colin Creevey; he edged into the room, beaming at Harry, and walked up to Snape's desk at the front of the room.

"Yes?" said Snape curtly.

"Please, sir, I'm supposed to take Harry Potter and Y/N L/N upstairs." Snape stared down his hooked nose at Colin, whose smile faded from his eager face.

"They both have another hour of Potions to complete," said Snape coldly, "they will come upstairs when this class is finished."

Colin went pink.

"S-sir, Mr Bagman wants him," he said nervously, "all the champions have got to go, I think they want to take photographs..."

"Very well, very well," Snape snapped, "both of you, leave your things here, I want you back down here later to test your antidotes."

"Please, sir - he's got to take his things with him," squeaked Colin, "all the champions..."

"Very well!" said Snape. "Potter, L/N - take your bag and get out of my sight!"

I swung my bag over his shoulder, got up, and headed for the door. We walked in silence to where we were meant to go. I ignored the conversation between Colin and Harry and just proceeded to walk. When we had reached the right room, I knocked on the door.