The break through

The blue liquid glowed in the dim light. You knelt down so you were eye level to the experiment. It bubbles and fizzled under the heat and you swelled  with pride and accomplishment. You adjusted the glasses on the bridge of your nose and walked over to the other bench and noted down your findings.

You turned up the heat, and the liquid turned into a slightly darker blue. You turned the flame off, and adjusted the tube. Once it had cooled you moved it to the other bench where you put it in a test tube holder and let it set. You hurried back over got the first bench and added the chemicals. You turned the flame on and watched as the liquid bubbles and fizzed like before. You set up the tubes around the room, adding the flames underneath them. Each tube slowly turned into a dark blue colour , that formed a light blue cloud above the tube.  You put on goggles and a mask to protect your eyes and lungs from the highly dangerous fumes from the experiment.

If you had this right, it would change everything. Your life, your career, and the whole. You done this to help your country, but you originally planned it as a medication for cancer.

You wanted to cure cancer. It had been your childhood dream. To be a famous doctor and scientist that cured a disease that had killed many people all over the whole- a disease that refused to discriminate and judge. It was the disease that stole your mother. You didn't want anyone else to go through what you did at such a young age.

You were only 12 when she passed away. Your father had died when you were 5. He was a scientist- who went into hiding after having a scientific break through. Unfortunately it threatened a highly dangerous and roughness organisation, and he was murdered in a hotel room soon after he left. You couldn't do anything to save your parents then, but now you done everything you could in your power to save other people the pain you went through as a child. 

It inspired you to do what you do for a living. Your father had a big impact on your decision to do good. You wanted to carry on the family name. Your father was a scientist, so was his father, and his father before him. And you were proud to say you were the first woman to be a scientist in your family.

You transferred the tubes of the substances over to the second bench. Once you had waited for them to set- sitting on a stool on the other side of the room writing down your findings- then you moved them into the small freezer in the room. You inscribed the top and pulled it open, lifting up the storage area. One by one you placed them into the container.

You removed the goggles and the mask and placed them back in their correct places. You swelled with pride , knowing your parents where looking down on you, and you were following in your fathers footsteps.

You walked out smiling to yourself.