Shattered

You could destroy your work and risk being captured and your tired for information ..... or ....
————————————

Or you could find a test subject to inject it into.

You thought about it for a while. No. It wouldn't work. It was your life's work, and you would have to be certain that they would be loyal and attentive. They had to be trusted.

You were forced out of your deep thoughts as there was a loud knock on the door. you jumped off the chair, slipping on your shoes and putting on your coat. You looked through the spy whole and saw a man wearing the same uniform as the ones at your in-house. Luckily you didn't bring anything with you, so you pulled up the window and hopped out moments before the door was thrown forward and 2 men walked into the room aiming their gun around the room looking for their target.

You sprinted around the building, through the small alleyway passing a load of full bins over flowing with rubbish and muck. You sprinted towards your car, you unlocked it and jumped straight in. You started the engine just as 4 more men cane running around from the front of the building. Your car screeched forward and went straight into the men running towards you. Their body were forced upwards and rolled over the bonnet of your car. You reversed to straighten the car for the exit and sped off down the lane. After a few minutes you noticed a black 4-by-4 car speeding towards you. You took 4 sharp turns then pulled onto the original road. By doing so you were bake to confirm that you were being followed and spread forward.

You saw the head lights come closer and closer to you until you felt the whole car shake. You were jolted forward nearly Hitting your head on the windscreen. The trick hit the back of your car again and your car was shoved off the road. It flipped over and over and you had multiple cuts and bruises all over your body. The car came to a stop and you were sobbing quietly. You fixed the door open and stumbled over to the boot. You heard the roar of the trucks engine and the head lights seeping though the leaves and twigs on the trees.

You fumbled over the lock of the boot and forced it open. Oh went straight for the freezer. You pulled it out of the boot and ran. You had a deep cut just above your right knee and you stumbled through the brambles. You pushed as much out of the way s possible and once the annoyed shouts of the voices from the uniformed men could no longer be heard, you collected a pile of leaves and sat beneath them, shielding you from view if they ran past. You opened the small container, to see all but one tube smashed. You took it out, holding the syringe in your other hand. You put the substance in the syringe and tapped it a few times, placing the cover securely over the needle. You put it in your coat pocket and and picked up the container. You checked your surroundings before running out and dumping the spilt liquid in a near by river- forever destroying your work, but the single tube in your pocket.