chapter five

"I scolded him. All five of them, actually." Shawn whispered, "I can't let you let them get close enough to hurt you emotionally, okay?"

"I think they're different-"

"Aurelia, please don't say that," Shawn stopped her. He placed his hands on her upper arms and rubbed them gently. "Trust them with your life, but not your heart."

"That doesn't really make sense, Shawn, but 'mkay," Aurelia whispered.

***

"Meeting in ten minutes in room A37" a voice over the intercom informed them, "for the royal family and the new bodyguards - Daniel Seavey, Corbyn Besson, Zach Herron-"

"C'mon, let's go," Daniel said, knowing the group had heard enough. "Jonah in front, Corbyn take the right, Jack and Zach go to the back."

"We have ten minutes," Aurelia stated, not taking her eyes off the screen. "A37 is a three-minute walk n' there's seven minutes left to this episode, including two minutes of credits. We'll leave when it's done, okay?"

"No, we gotta go now," Daniel persisted harshly. "We can't be late, what if it's serious? What if you're in danger, huh? You can finish this later, you already know how this episode ends."

"W-What kind of danger? Y-You were supposed to protect me." Aurelia whispered as fear crept into her mind and began to take control of her entire body.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Corbyn ran to her and sat beside her on the bed. "You're not in any danger- you're safe, okay? You're completely safe, I won't let anything happen to you. We won't let anything happen, okay?"

She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his chest, shaking with fear. She hated feeling weak and exposing this side of her, but she couldn't help herself.

"I'm sorry," Aurelia whispered pulling away from Corbyn and wiping her face with her sleeve, "I'm so sorry."

"There's nothing to be sorry about, your majesty," Corbyn said, flashing a small smile in her direction. "C'mon let's go to the meeting, okay?" She nodded and with that, they left.

The nine of them sat at the table engulfed in comfortable silence. Well, it was comfortably silent but Aurelia was kinda freaking out on the inside. She didn't want the five guys to get fired because of Daniel, in fact, she didn't even want them to be scolded. She just wanted the old Daniel back. The one that fucking comforted her and made her feel safe to the point where she was able to fall asleep in his arms. The Daniel that smiled when he spoke, whose eyes lit up when she called him 'Mr.Seavey' or 'Agent Seavey' and the Daniel that would speak softly when taking charge instead of speaking harshly as if he owned her.

"Imsorry!" She blurted out, not being able to hold it back another second, "I'm sorry for being so fucking stupid, I'm sorry for being such a bitch, n I'm sorry I'm such a fucking wimp. These meetings are fucking scary enough why do we have to sit in silence for ten minutes!"

"Baby," Geneva started, "we just sat down. It hasn't even been a minute."

"Do you wanna do something else?" Shawn asked, taking her shaking hands into his strong ones from across the table; stroking them with his thumb. "You could sit on the couch with your headphones on and you could watch Stranger Things until we're done. I'll catch you up on the important stuff later. How does that sound?" Aurelia nodded, making Shawn smile before she got off her chair and walked to the couch.

"So, I think you know why you're here." Eric, the king, said when Aurelia could no longer hear them. He was looking directly at Daniel as he spoke, making the young man tap his foot anxiously.

"Y-Yes, your majesty." He replied.

"What the fuck were you thinking! We hired you to protect her not to be her boyfriend!" Geneva exclaimed.

"I'm so sorry. She was scared and I-" Daniel started, "and it won't happen again."

"Mom, Dad, I think Seavey was doing the right thing." Shawn said, "I think I just overreacted because I wasn't expecting it, but don't you remember what happened? Aurelia was probably shaking with fear for fuck's sake! We know she hasn't slept properly in days and she fell asleep in two minutes because he was hugging her! I think she deserves to feel safe and loved even if that means being hugged by her bodyguards."

"Shawn, are you serious? Are you fucking serious right now? Agent Seavey is her bodyguard, okay? If she wanted to have a shoulder to cry on she should've accepted that prince who proposed to her last month," Eric retorted. "He had such a high position, he's being crowned king in two weeks! He wanted her to be his fucking queen and she said no!"

"Dad she's not a fucking prize! She has feelings and that man was a fucking pervert! You even knew that why would you try to give her to him?" Shawn yelled. "Is it because he promised your daughter happiness? Or because he promised you a fat check?"

Daniel glanced over at Aurelia to see if she could hear them, considering how loud they had gotten. She glanced back at him and tried to smile as she held back her tears. Of course, she heard everything Shawn and her dad had said.

"Know your place, boy," Eric hissed at Shawn, he glanced at Daniel then stormed out of the room.

"Excuse me," Geneva whispered than ran after him.

"I-I'm sorry, guys," Shawn sighed, resting his head in his hands. "Thank you so much for comforting her, Seavey, I don't care what my dad says she fucking needs you- she needs all five of you. Sh-She-" He let silent tears fall as he tried to continue, "She's been through so much in the last couple weeks and she didn't even smile a genuine smile until you guys came. I'm so fucking sorry for getting mad the other day, please, please, do what you were doing and act like I never said anything. Please she is so fucking fragile right now and you guys helped her so much and I'm so mad at myself for saying anything. I'm really sorry."

"Don't be sorry, your majesty. I should've known my place and maybe talked to you before- doing that. I promise I didn't even mean to fall asleep- I never even imagined we would both fall asleep." Daniel replied and Shawn nodded.

"Can you call her over, I think she should talk to you too," Shawn said since Aurelia was much closer to the boys than himself. Daniel didn't hesitate to jump off the chair and tap the princess on the shoulder.

"Hey, can you come over? Your br- whoa what's wrong?" He asked, seeing her red eyes.

"W-Was dad really gonna sell me to that prince?"