chapter thirteen

The next day, Aurelia decided to stay home so she could feel safer.

"What do you wanna do today love?" Daniel asked. They were both still in Daniel's bed.

"Can we just stay here a little longer?" She whispered, then buried her face in his neck.

"Mmh of course baby," He replied, wrapping his arms around her as she wrapped her legs around his torso.

There was a knock on the door and they both jumped out of the bed. Daniel ran to the main door as Aurelia bolted to the door that led to her bedroom. Shawn entered the room.

"What do you two want for breakfast? Camila offered to cook something since she knows it's a rough time right now," He simply said. "Are you getting up now? You guys can stay in bed if you want."

He motioned Aurelia to get back into Daniel's bed, so she did.

"Y-You're not mad?" Daniel asked. Shawn shook his head with a smile.

"Of course not, Daniel, just don't hurt her please, okay?"

"I'd never hurt her," Daniel smiled with relief.

"So what's for breakfast then?" Shawn asked them.

"Waffles if it's not too much trouble," Aurelia said. Shawn nodded with a smile then left.

"Wow," Daniel exclaimed.

"What?" Aurelia asked, patting the bed in hopes he'd go back and lay down with her.

"Well, if I have your brother's approval, then that means," He stopped.

"What? What does it mean, Dani?" Aurelia whispered.

"Well, we can make it official. Aurelia, will you be my girlfriend?" He replied.

"Yes! A million times yes!" She exclaimed, hugging him tightly.

***

Two hours later they were done with breakfast and were gathered in the living room.

"Aurelia, I have the proof you need. I'm so sorry," Shawn said, embracing his sister as tears rapidly fell. "Just realize you're safe here and we aren't gonna let anything happen to you, okay?"

He backed up and handed her a USB stick to plug into her computer. When she did, a series of videos, voice recordings, and letters appeared on the screen.

She opened the first one, which was a letter from her dad explaining everything that would happen to her while they were gone in hopes to scare her into marriage. Attached was a photo of her.

"Shawn, I- I can't read this," She gasped when she saw that both her father and her mother signed the bottom with their royal seals.

"I know it's hard, Aurelia, but we have to stay strong, okay? I need you to be brave, could you do that for me?" Shawn replied, taking his sister in his arms. He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his torso.

He carried her to the couch, sat down, and whispered, "it's okay, we won't let anything happen to you."

"Okay, Shawn, I trust you," She whispered, letting the tears fall.

***

"Daniel, I'm scared," Aurelia whispered. He took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead.

Daniel wiped her tears off with his thumb and whispered, "it's okay to be scared, babe, I'm scared too. But just know that no matter what happens, I will not let anyone hurt you."

"I love you so much Dani, I don't wanna lose you," She cried softly and hugged him even tighter.

"You aren't gonna lose me, love," Daniel whispered, "I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay right with you forever, does that sound okay baby?"

"Mmh, being with you sounds amazing Dani," Aurelia smiled sadly and looked up at Daniel. He bent down and kissed her softly, which caused her to smile more. His hands grabbed her face gently as hers gripped his lower arms. He reached down to her thighs and picked her up, brought her to her bed and laid down with her.

"Wow, Daniel, I love you so fucking much!" She breathlessly exclaimed before kissing him again and again, anywhere she could.

"Calm down, my love," Daniel smiled.

He took off his shirt and covered them both with the blankets. They cuddled up in Daniel's bed and she kissed his chest repeatedly as he stroked her hair gently. She traced his abs with her finger and smiled.

"You're so cute Agent Daniel Seavey," Aurelia giggled.