chapter seven

It was all set. Aurelia was going to live with the five bodyguards in a huge mansion near the school. Shawn would stay too for a while until the princess was fully settled in. They wouldn't be staying too long, but just for a while until the king got over his "phase" or whatever.

Aurelia was quite nervous but she knew Daniel and the others wouldn't let anything happen to her. Besides, no one would even suspect she was a princess if she lived in a mansion instead of the castle, right?

"You need any help?" Shawn asked, walking into her room as she packed her things into several boxes. "I'm all packed and my stuff is being moved downstairs."

"Uh, I think I'm okay, I'm just about done, thank you though," She replied, smiling.

"Okay, let me know when you're done I'll-"

"Wait, can I talk to you for a second?" She cut him off before he could leave, which caused him to come right back to her, "Do you think dad had something to do with- the bodyguard- thing? If you get what I mean? He's been like frustrated or something ever since and I've been thinking; what if he wanted to get rid of me?"

"No, Aurelia, there's just no way! He has no reason to 'get rid of you' okay? He loves you so fucking much, he just has trouble showing it!" Shawn assured her, rubbing her upper arms gently.

"But, I'm almost eighteen and I'm not engaged or anything! You met Camila when you were only fifteen, started dating at sixteen, and now you're going to marry her at twenty! I haven't even met anyone and he wanted me to be with that prince." She sighed, leaning on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her, "I'm just a burden, Shawn, and he needs to get rid of me before I ruin his reputation, or lower his status."

"Please don't ever say you're a burden again Aurelia," Shawn whispered, "you are the best sister I could ask for, the best daughter mom and dad could ask for, and the best princess the kingdom could ask for. You just need to understand how much we all love you. How much I love you."

Zach suddenly came running into the room and said, "we're supposed to leave in like thirty minutes, just to let you know," then ran back out.

"Let me help you finish up quickly," Shawn said, breaking the hug before the two got to work and finished boxing everything the princess would be bringing with her.

"Okay, looks like that's everything," Aurelia said to herself, checking off the last box on her mental list.

"I'll call the boys and they can help us get it downstairs and into the truck," Shawn said, before leaving. He came back with the boys and they each grabbed some boxes. Aurelia picked up her large box of makeup and hair products while the boys grabbed the heavier boxes like books and clothing.  They put the boxes in the trunk and Aurelia internally sighed.

"You okay?" Jonah asked the princess in a low whisper.

"Yeah, I'm fine," She lied, faking a smile.

"You know, even though our job is to protect you, we're here for you. All five of us, okay?" He smiled sympathetically.

"Thank you, Mr.Marais," She whispered with a slight but genuine smile.

"Please, call me Jonah," He replied, smiling, then pulled her into a gentle hug.

Aurelia didn't think much of it and had no idea that Daniel's heart had just shattered. He wasn't sure why he felt hurt when the princess hugged Jonah and thought the feeling was stupid. Nevertheless, he still felt hurt.

***

"Whoa!" They all exclaimed, seeing the beautiful place they would be staying.

"We'll get your stuff, you can go inside, your majesties," One of the movers said. The five, as well as the two royals, walked up the lovely pathway up to the front door before Zach opened it and let everyone inside.

"Are you all ready to take a quick tour of the place?" A tall blonde woman asked as she came in through the front door.

"Yes," Daniel replied, after receiving a nod from Aurelia.

The seven of them followed the lady, whose name turned out to be Lisa, all around the house until they finally came to the princess's bedroom. The door was soft white in color and had a beautiful flower design around the frame. The handles were pink color and squeaked a little when turned. The carpet was thick and fluffy as well as a soft pink shade. Her bed was a creme white color with satin lavender sheets as well as many soft pillows and a creme white, thick blanket. A lavender canopy hung above the bed and draped over all four sides with a sheer lavender cloth. The headboard had a golden crown on top to complete the gorgeous look.

In the room was also a white couch, several lamps, a desk station for her school, as well as two TVs; one which hung across from her bed, and one across from the couch. Her bathroom was very luxurious and featured a bathtub, shower, as well as a large, make-up station.

"A door to Seavey's room is on the left side of your room here, and one to Besson's room on the right, in case anything should happen at any time," Lisa continued, pointing to opposite sides of the room.

"The other three rooms will be a short walking distance from you, but since Seavey and Besson need to be at your side at all times, their rooms need to be connected to yours."

They continued the tour until finally ended up back where they started, at the front door of the mansion. The boxes were neatly stacked and were ready to be taken upstairs, which is what the movers did next.