chapter sixteen

One week later and Aurelia's parents were halfway around the world in a royal prison on an island. Camila was helping the princess with her finishing touches for homecoming, which would be that night. Shawn was helping the five guys and had just finished giving Daniel the 'dad talk'. They were all in the castle and were just about ready to leave.

Aurelia's dress was royal blue in color and would match Daniel's tie. The material clung tightly to her form and the slits in the tight dress went up to right below her hips, and the top hung off her shoulders. She wore a thick, silver choker that was decorated with real diamonds and matched her beautiful silver heels. Her hair was in a ponytail and her crown rested on the top of her head, secured with bobby pins.

Daniel stood at the bottom of the stairs with a bouquet of flowers and a corsage. Aurelia walked down the stairs with a huge, beautiful smile and ended up in Daniel's arms.

"You are so beautiful, Aurelia," Daniel gasped, which caused Aurelia to blush. "I love you."

"Thank you, my prince," Aurelia looked up at his bright, ocean blue eyes and whispered, "I love you, too."

Corbyn was taking pictures the whole time and had gotten many good ones before the two lovers posed for the camera.

The drive to the school was by far the most fun drive Aurelia had experienced yet. The driver played music the whole time as the six teens jammed out on the black leather seats of the royal limo. They stopped to pick up the other boys' dates then continued their way.

"Dani," Aurelia whispered.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you for everything you've done for me," She smiled. "Thank you for sleeping with me the first day we met, hugging me when I started panicking, moving into the house with me, letting me sleep in your bed, and for all the times you've kissed me without hesitation. I love you."

"My pleasure, princess; thank you for letting me," He whispered. "I love you too."

They kissed for a moment before the driver said "we're here" and they all filed out of the limo. Many news cameras were there but the group ignored them and walked right into the beautifully decorated gym.

All sorts of foods were at a table on the side, and there was a stage with giant speakers surrounding a DJ who was playing hits that every teen was dancing to.  The princess didn't hesitate to grab her man's hand and pull him into the crowd of wild students jamming out to Drag Me Down by One Direction.

The DJ decided to play I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston next and couples began coming together to slow dance. Daniel grabbed Aurelia's hips and pulled her in close as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their eyes met as they danced under the bright lights. Aurelia smiled ear to ear as Daniel did the same.

"I will always love you, Aurelia," Daniel whispered, which made her blush.

"And I will always love you, Daniel," She replied. She leaned on his chest and he wrapped his arms around her, swaying to the beat until the song was over. She stood on her tip-toes and gave his lips a sweet peck.