chapter fourteen

Aurelia wanted to go back to school and wanted to convince Shawn it was a good idea.

"I can't hide forever," She told him.

"I know, but-" Shawn sighed heavily, "I can't lose you, Aurelia."

"Daniel will keep me safe, Shawn, they all will. I'll be extra careful, okay?" She replied as she hugged him. "I promise you won't lose me!" 

Shawn hesitated, he didn't want to see Aurelia hurt but he knew she would have to get out of the house at some point.

"Okay, Aurelia," He whispered.

They stood there and hugged for a while longer before Shawn said he wanted to go talk with Daniel.

Shawn knocked on the door of Daniel's bedroom; "Come in," Daniel said.

"Hey, can we talk?" Shawn asked, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" Daniel asked; brows furrowed with confusion and arms crossed nervously.

"Aurelia really wants to go back to school, and I'm gonna let her," Shawn said, Daniel nodded in understanding. "I need you to promise me you'll keep her safe, Daniel."

"I'll protect her with my life, Shawn," Daniel smiled sadly.

"Bring her back in one piece, okay?" Shawn copied Daniel's sad smile; tears beginning to find their way down the prince's face. "I can't lose her, Seavey, I fucking can't!"

"She's gonna be okay, Shawn. I won't let anything happen to her, I promise!" Daniel exclaimed.

"Thank you, Daniel," Shawn nodded then left.

"What was that about?" Aurelia asked when she saw Shawn walk out of Daniel's room. "Is Daniel in trouble? It's probably my fault, Shawn, please don't fire him!"

Shawn smiled warmly and hugged his little sister, "he's not in trouble. I just wanted to tell him you'll be going to school Monday."

"Ha, I got so scared, oh my god!" Aurelia giggled. "Please promise me Daniel will never be fired by you or dad? I really love him, Shawn! He makes me so happy it's crazy!"

"I'll do my best to keep you two together, Aurelia," Shawn smiled.

***

Monday came faster than Aurelia had anticipated and soon it was time to get ready for school again. She decided to dress a bit more like a princess now that everyone knew who she was. She decided to wear a very cropped lace top and white dress pants; paired with black heels, diamond earrings, and a silver choker. She put her hair into the iconic ponytail and wore heavier makeup than usual; thick, dark eyeliner and red lipstick were added to her usual makeup routine.

"Wow, you're gorgeous," Daniel gasped after she walked out of her bedroom.

"Why thank you, Dani," She giggled. "I figured I'd try n' look the part today."

"You always look like a princess, Aurelia," He smiled.

"Thank you," She blushed. "I just thought I'd do a little extra since there might be cameras again, you know?"

"I get that, love," He hugged her. "You ready to go?"

"Oh yes, sir!" She giggled.

The entire drive to school the six teens argued which was better; purple or green grapes.

"Green are juicier, though!" Aurelia said.

"Purple has way more flavor! Green tastes like slightly flavored water," Zach argued playfully.

"Whoa, that's a shit ton of people!" Jonah exclaimed, seeing the crowd of news people surrounding the entrance to the school. "Did you tell anyone you were coming today?"

"No..." Aurelia said, shocked. "What are we gonna do? I still wanna go to school."

"Walk it like a red carpet!" Daniel suggested.

"Huh?" Aurelia asked.

"I'll walk with you, it'll be fun. The other guys will keep the news out of our way and you can walk it like a red carpet. You know, how celebrities do it for like award shows and stuff, you're a celebrity, and this is your first red carpet."

"Okay Dani," She smiled, putting her hand out dramatically. He took her hand and opened the car door. People started cheering, shouting, and cursing. A weird variety of haters and fans gathered outside the school.

Daniel and Aurelia walked down the center as the other four boys blocked the crowd from getting too close. When the six made it to the glass doors of the school and all cameras were centered on Daniel and Aurelia, she kissed him and he kissed back.

"I love you, Daniel," She said, then they walked into the school and to English class.

"For fuck's sake Tony, get out of the way," Aurelia rolled her eyes. "What do you even want?"

"You're in trouble, princess," Tony said seriously. "Every single day I look out the window and see a masked man with a gun looking in from where he hides in those bushes. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's for you to decide." He got up and went to his seat.