chapter eighteen

(trigger warning: rape)

Aurelia woke up in a dark, cold room and in a fresh set of bra and panties. She began crying and hugged her knees in tight. She rocked herself back and forth. She closed her eyes and tried to think about Daniel before he died, before this entire disaster. She couldn't and began crying harder. All she could see was the fear in his teary eyes as they kissed for the last time. She sobbed loudly, not caring if anyone heard her. She curled up her hands into tight fists and punched the stone floor in anger.

"Daniel!" She cried to herself.

***

"Daniel? Aurelia?" Shawn knocked on the door. Not hearing an answer, he walked in. "Daniel?" He walked over and shook him. His eyes were closed and there was a piece of duct tape covering his mouth. Shawn ripped it off.

"T-They took her," Daniel whispered, finally opening his eyes. His normally calm, blue eyes were red, puffy, and filled with fear.

"What? Who?" Shawn asked through gritted teeth.

Daniel tried to sit up but the tranquilizer was still strong and he fell back down. "These men with masks. One came in, tranquilized me, and took her. She- She didn't even fight b-back cause the man said he'd kill me if she did." Daniel began to sob. "I'm so fucking sorry!"

"It's not your fault, we all should've been more careful," Shawn let tears fall as he helped Daniel sit up.

"Th-The man made her strip," Daniel whispered, such anger filling his veins. "We have to find her before they rape her, Shawn! I don't want a single man to touch her!"

"We're gonna find her, Daniel," Shawn tried to smile but instead began to sob. Thinking of Aurelia going through everything again made him fall to the floor in tears and pound the floor in anger. "FUCK!" He screamed.

***

A bright light told Aurelia someone was coming in. She shivered at the thought of what was about to happen and tried to focus on the thought of seeing Shawn again.

"Come 'ere," The man smirked. He unzipped his pants and took off her panties. She closed her eyes tightly, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her cry.

I'm gonna see Shawn! I'm gonna see Shawn! She repeated to herself as the man pleasured himself wickedly. The pain became almost unbearable as he went deeper.

"St-op- pl-ease," She whimpered. He continued until he was satisfied and left.

She sobbed to herself and sprawled out on the floor. Aurelia was so disappointed in herself at the fact she begged him to stop. She hated knowing it only made him feel better about himself.

Hours passed by and nothing happened. The door opened again and in walked a man and a woman. Fuck! Aurelia thought when she realized it was her parents.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked, standing up. "What did I ever do to deserve this?"

"Oh, sweetie, you don't understand!" The queen smiled. "We were losing money because you weren't with a prince, so we made money using you in a different way."

"You- These- They're paying for this?" Aurelia asked through gritted teeth. "The bodyguards you 'hired' were paying you to leave and let them do whatever the fuck they wanted to me?"

"No, we told them exactly what to do, hoping it'd scare you. But yeah, they paid us," Her dad laughed lightly. "We're making good money off this. You won't even have to get married after this!"

"You're sick!" She whispered, letting silent tears fall. "This is so fucked up! You're my parents!"

"Think about it however you want, but it's not changing anything," The king shrugged and began to walk away.

"Wait! At least tell me where I am?" She asked.

"You're somewhere no one will find you," Her mom smiled.

With that, they both left and Aurelia was back in darkness. Shawn, I believe in you!

***

"How are we gonna find her, Shawn?" Camila asked. They were all sitting in a room with couches and a TV.

"I dunno," He sighed. "Anyone have any ideas? Where should we even start?"

"If it was your parents, where do you think they could've taken her?" Daniel asked. The guys had helped him downstairs and the tranquilizer had worn off slightly; he still couldn't walk, however.

"They always said there was this dungeon, somewhere in the forest I think," Shawn said. "Maybe we could start there. I'm sure there's an easy way to find it."

He stood up and ran out of the room. He came back later with a map of the castle and the entire land they owned.

"There's a forest in this corner," Zach pointed out. "We could go there!"

They all stood up, except for Daniel and Camila.

"I don't think you can go, Daniel," Camila sadly smiled, seeing him trying to stand up.

"I have to!" He exclaimed, eyes filling with tears once again.

"No, it's better for you to stay here with Camila," Shawn said. "If she's anywhere in that forest, we'll be back with her and she'll be safe in your arms before you know it."

Daniel nodded, realizing there was no way he could be any help if he couldn't stand. "Good luck!"

***

Aurelia sat in darkness and thought about Shawn. She had dried out her tear ducts and couldn't cry even though she wanted to. Her head throbbed and her fists were bloody and bruised. She had found a blanket in the corner of the room so she was no longer cold or felt exposed.

She noticed the same man as before walking into the room and mentally prepared the same way as before. I'll see Shawn again!